FCH ENTERPRISES, INC.
Reporting to the Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain, this position is primarily responsible for the set up and break down banquet functions as indicated on the function sheet instructions and diagrams, including banquet props and decorations. This position is also responsible for cleaning and maintaining all areas and equipment used for banquet functions to ensure a positive guest experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Sets up functions throughout the day according to function sheet instructions and diagrams. Set up may include tables, chairs, podiums, flipcharts, staging, and dance floors.
- Picks up and delivers equipment and supplies to scheduled rooms.
- Reads, reviews, and makes changes to daily calendar and event function sheets according to instructions from the Catering Department.
- Prepares R & M maintenance requests forms when heavy or detailed maintenance is required. Performs light maintenance on equipment in need of repair.
- Greets guests and responds to requests in a friendly and courteous manner while performing job related duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Perform general cleaning tasks as assigned by the supervisor, using standard issued cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Assist wait staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning up unexpected spills or special guest requests.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Meets assigned shift requirements.
- Push, pull, lift and carry up to 80 pounds.
- Move or push goods in a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500lbs.
- Stand and walk throughout the duration of the scheduled shift.
- Reach at shoulder level and below waist frequently, above head occasionally.
- Bend at waist frequently.
- Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 5 years of start date or possesses a valid chest x-ray clearance.
- Pass a drug screening test.
- Works in an air conditioned environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- No prior experience required.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
- CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set-up styles used in meeting rooms. i.e., various table types (round, classroom, etc. ).
- Ability to read job orders (event orders ) and set up function rooms accordingly.
- Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
- Trustworthy with company property.
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable.