We are currently looking for a:
Garage & Dynamite stores across Eastern Ontario, GTA, Ottawa
As Head Merchandiser, your primary function is to lead brand and visual merchandising excellence for an assigned district. Through ongoing coaching, you ensure that all marketing, visual merchandising and product management strategies are executed according to Company standards to maximize the customer experience and fuel sales growth.
In partnership with the District Sales Supervisor, you lead all merchandising and product management strategies, ensuring they are executed uniformly throughout all stores.
As a brand ambassador and member of our management team, you consistently demonstrate a capacity to network, to attract, to recruit, to train, to develop and to retain talent as you are responsible in building a high-performing customer-oriented team that aims to exceed in all current and future business needs
- Conduct regular visits within the district and provide direction and guidance to teams to assist them in achieving sales objectives and standards in all areas of the business.
- Maintain awareness of all mall, competitors or community activities that could impact business results; communicate information to the Regional Sales Director.
- Develop quarterly business plans to address critical business needs in areas of Brand alignment, product management and visual training and development.
- Maintain awareness of store sales and productivity results and partner with District Sales Supervisor to implement brand presentation and visual merchandising activities to improve results.
- Reinforce product management, visual presentation/merchandising best practices as well as compliance to Merchandise Handling Guidelines.
- In partnership with the Visual Department, develop merchandising training guidelines and seminars as required.
- Assist District Sales Supervisors in the planning and execution of new store openings and renovations, ensuring that brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Communicate and support all corporate directives, initiatives and goals across the district; follow up to ensure proper execution and provide feedback to the Regional Sales Director as needed.
- Proactively network and attract talent that is aligned to our brand and customer service model in support of our business objectives.
- Effectively plan, execute and follow-up on visual merchandising and product management training for Store management.
- Support the District Sales Supervisor and Store Manager on the recruitment of in store Visual Assistants.
Qualifications & competencies
- 2-4 years of senior level visual merchandising experience;
- Post-secondary (college) education in fashion merchandising preferred;
- Excellent teamwork, creativity and eye for detail;
- Able to work in fast-paced environment and demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, written and communication skills;
- Professional attitude;
- Strong problem-solving skills and can make quick decisions based on information provided;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Willing to work flexible hours, including week-end and evenings;
- Mobility to travel;
- Strong sense of duty and ownership;
- Business acumen;
- Available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week;
- Able to work in a standing position 90% of the day;
- May be required to lift boxes (weighing up to 40 lbs.) and perform various store maintenance tasks which may require climbing ladders.
Groupe Dynamite is committed to employment equity. Only retained candidates will be contacted for an interview.