General Position Summary:
The SAP Finance Business Analyst within the Information Technology Department provides analysis, design, implementation, and support to the Finance and Accounting community within Columbia Sportswear. This business analyst role is responsible for global finance functionality. The SAP Finance Business Analyst works closely with finance, accounting, management reporting, and other business users to identify and analyze business requirements, recommend appropriate process designs within the SAP system, participates in enhancement projects, and provides on-going production support.
- Identify the business requirements and develop the ERP Global Blueprint within the area of SAP FSCM Financial Supply Chain Management. Areas include collections, dispute management, customer credit, receivables and credit memo functionality.
- Assist in the support of customer lockbox payment processing, EDI 820 inbound payments and 812 credit/debit adjustments.
- Update and maintain the configuration and custom functionality in FSCM to support a global implementation of finance and accounting.
- Responsible for the implementation and on-going support of SAP Biller Direct.
- Design functional specifications and test various development objects including interfaces to other applications, BADI’s, user exits and reports.
- Leverage strong integration experience with SAP sales order and invoice billing processing and its integration with SAP FSCM.
- Working knowledge of Taxware and its integration with sales orders.
- Work with ABAP programmers to oversee the timely completion and efficiency of development objects, as well as the functional unit testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing of these objects.
- Develop and execute thorough unit and integration testing scenarios and documentation, using testing tools such as HP Quality Center.
- Supply adequate training/documentation information as required by the Training Team.
- Work with the SAP Security Team to develop and update appropriate user roles based on SOX compliance.
Specific Job Skills:
- Possess expert knowledge of Finance/Accounting business processes.
- Possess senior-level SAP configuration skills in the areas of FSCM and Biller Direct in ECC 6.0 and higher preferably with the Apparel Footwear Solution.
- Experience in SAP transport creation and change management documentation and process.
- Working knowledge of SAP configuration in the areas of new-GL, AP, AR, CO and fixed assets.
- Knowledge of the integration of finance with other SAP modules (SD, MM and FI).
- Experience using SAP OSS note search and message creation.
- Working knowledge of the Supply Chain process in SAP and associated master data and transaction document data flows.
- Ability to design and configure an efficient SAP Finance solution to support a company with the financial and statutory complexities that are present in a global $1 billion enterprise.
- Working knowledge of SOX reporting and compliance issues a plus.
- Analytical troubleshooting of processes and SAP configuration, debugging or working with a developer when necessary.
- Strong organizational skills needed to prioritize multiple competing requests.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical people.
- Ability to write clear documentation of configuration, functional specs, process/system designs and user instructions.
- Ability to conduct one-on-one training to teammates and business users.
- Experience using HPQC for testing and defect tracking and Remedy for tracking user tickets.
- SAP Solution Manager experience a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with preferred emphasis in business, accounting, supply chain management, or information systems;
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- SAP certification in FI/CO (combined with requisite experience) is desired.
- 10+ years of finance/accounting experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 8 +years of IT experience required with at least five years of experience configuring the SAP FSCM module that supports a global enterprise.
- Exposure to Taxware and its integration with SAP
- Apparel and Footwear industry experience is desirable, preferably within an SAP environment
- Experience as an FI configuration analyst on least one full cycle ERP implementation required
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.