A Different Kind of Adventure
At Columbia Sportswear, we know a thing or two about adventures. We’ve been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. And behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck. At Columbia, we believe that there’s over 3.5 million square miles of land to explore in the U.S. alone, but you don’t have to travel very far to find a great career.
General Position Summary:
Drive sales of Columbia Sportswear product through providing exceptional customer service and creating a positive customer experience on the sales floor. Ensure the timely, accurate and efficient operation of the shipping & receiving functions of the store in Stock Area.
- Utilize sales skills and techniques as well as exceptional customer service to drive store sales.
- Provide exceptional customer service/assistance both in person and on the phone.
- Provide information to customers on current product features and benefits.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits and availability.
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Perform all required cash register transactions such as sales and exchanges expeditiously and with a high level of accuracy, while staying within company guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the product flow process in the store by receiving shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Prepare, record and distribute all customer shipping orders as assigned.
- Monitor speed and accuracy of deliveries.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
- Ensure all visual standards are followed. This includes maintaining merchandising guidelines, restocking daily or as needed and ensuring complete size runs are represented.
- Maintain a high professional standard in individual behavior, courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
- Contribute to establishing a repeat customer base through developing customer relationships.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
- Warehouse, logistics or operations experience desired for Stock Area positions
- Available to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.