Provide executive administrative / program analyst support by assisting in report preparation / updates, plans development, procedure documentation, environmental reporting, and records management.
· With project team, analyzes project requirements to determine publications/reports needed.
· Collaborates with the project team to gain an understanding of the intended final product / output / form. Works with the project team to gather data, develop report requirements, and translate for ease of use.
· Develops documentation project plans and timelines.
· Writes, edits, indexes, or revises a variety of documents, such as reports, manuals, plans, procedures, and other records.
· Reviews and edits documents and provides editorial guidance to improve readability and usefulness for intended audiences. Proofreads and organizes/reorganizes content for best presentation.
· Coordinates the production and presentation of documents, text, graphics, and other media into a finished document.
· Formats reports, manuals, and similar documents according to project / client / data specifications.
· Maintains and modifies all documentation as needed due to changes to document.
· Ensures accuracy and completeness of technical documentation. Supports quality assurance efforts, assembles documentation for audits, and ensures that documentation is compliant with federal regulations.
· Maintains currency and accuracy of all documentation.
· May be asked to provide presentations and training to department members and external organizations.
· Preferred: BS/BA in English, technical communications, computer science, or related field.
· Desired but not required: Technical writing/editing experience.
· At least 2 years coordinating large technical reports.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and an understanding of programming concepts, operating systems, and/or networking.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as with graphics software (e.g., Adobe Illustrator).
· Strong understanding of document formatting and presentation techniques.
· Knowledge of information gathering, planning, and organizing methods and principles.
· Organized and detail-oriented.
· Deadline driven.
· Willing to work part-time.