|# of openings:||1|
|Day(s) Of Week Preference:||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays|
|Shift Preference:||Day, Swing|
|Education Level:||High School Diploma|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs other crewmembers and encourages others to follow National Park Service directives, and Alcatraz Cruises policies, that enhance the Interpretive Experience of quests to the Golden Gate National Park Recreational Area (GGNRA) and Respects the Planet.
· Ensures that onboard crew work and passenger environment is as safe and pleasant as possible.
· Stands Underway Watches as Helmsman or Lookout and performs other vessel navigational functions as may be assigned by the Captain.
· Coaches or trains deckhands in the practice of Good Seamanship.
· Watch Quarter & Emergency Station Bill assignments and serves as the Incident Commander On-Scene In-Charge during On-Board Emergencies.
· Handles lines, and supervises others, during vessel (un)docking maneuvers.
· Tends gangway, and supervises others, in passenger handling procedures and requirements.
· Makes sure vessel personnel follow safety procedures and work rules at all times.
· Oversees others in Housekeeping Chores, and Maintenance Projects.
· Assists and oversees transferring of pumping sewage and water.
· Throughout the day, at beginning and at ending of shifts; will maintain clean passenger spaces ie. restrooms, trash, common areas, pilot house and gangways.
· Engine room checks and logging
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Alcatraz Cruises from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Crewmembers with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Upon employment, all crewmembers are required to fully comply with Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations. Employees who violate Alcatraz Cruises rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· U.S. Coast Guard Inland Masters (100 ton) or equivalent preferred
· High school diploma required
· 1 year marine work experience required
It is the policy of Alcatraz Cruises not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Back to Search Results