|# of openings:||2|
|Day(s) Of Week Preference:||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays|
|Shift Preference:||Day, Swing|
|Education Level:||High School Diploma|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· As the Master in Navigational Command, operates the vessel with due regard for proper Standards of Watch Standing and Wheelhouse Resources Management in accordance with the practice of good seamanship.
· Directly supervises the 1st Officer, Deckhands, and other Crewmembers in all areas of Marine Transportation Safety, Security, and Training.
· Routinely inspects all areas of the vessel for unsafe conditions, performs accident investigations, and makes safety announcements to ensure the safety and comfort of the crew and passengers
· Routinely conducts Watch Quarter Station Bill Emergency Drills in accordance with US Coast Guard regulations, and conducts Safety Meetings in conformance with Alcatraz Cruises policy, to ensure a routinely efficient and safe operation of the vessel at all times and the proper use of equipment during any possible onboard emergency.
· Maintains Vessel Operations and Maintenance Logs, Personnel Reports, and all other Ship’s Business records.
· Oversees transferring of pumping sewage and water.
· Throughout the day, at beginning and at ending of shifts; will maintain clean passenger spaces ie. restrooms, trash, common areas, pilot house and gangways.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Follows all U.S. Coast Guard regulations and has a working knowledge of the Navigational Rules of the Road.
· Follows all National Park Service directives, and Alcatraz Cruises policies, to insure all passengers, guests, and visitors to the Golden Gate National Recreational Area have an Interpretive Experience.
· Implements the Vessel Safety and Security Plans to insure compliance with US Coast Guard Office of Homeland Security Rules and Regulations.
· Supervises others in Customer Service and Environmental Practices that Respect the Planet, both by instruction and in practice by setting a good example as a team leader for others to follow, to the fulfillment of Alcatraz Cruises policies and to the enjoyment of visitors to the Golden Gate National Recreational Area.
· Conducts employee job performance reviews.
· Complies with and enforces established policies and procedures.
· Maintains current licenses and certifications
· U.S. Coast Guard Inland Masters (100 ton) or equivalent
· Radar observer endorsement
· FCC Marine Radio License
· Posses and maintain a current California Driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
· Two (2) years of boat handling experience preferred but not required
· Customer service experience is helpful
· Knowledge of foreign language is helpful
· Responsible for maintaining current licenses and certificates
It is the policy of Alcatraz Cruises not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Back to Search Results