Under the general direction of the Aquatics Coordinator/Director, the Water Fitness Instructor (WFI) creates and delivers fitness programs, including cardiovascular exercise, muscle conditioning, and flexibility. The WFI leads group fitness classes in a safe, effective and timely manner, appropriate to the fitness level of the class participants to enhance the physical, mental, and spiritual health of each. The WFI provides customer service, guidance, and leadership to all members and guests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position is concerned primarily with prevention, safety, and other aquatic services appointed by the supervisor to the YMCA constituents. This position requires the physical, mental, visual and auditory ability to perform all job functions.
This position requires the following degrees, certifications, or qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 25+ hours of experience
- Must be organized
- Must be courteous and professional
- Must have current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Must have current First Aid certification
- Must have current Oxygen Administration certification
- YMCA Aquatics Safety Assistant OR Lifeguard certification
Certifications to possess within 90 days of hire
- YMCA Principles and Practices of Health and Fitness
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Other YMCA trainings required