The Water Fitness Instructor is part of a staff team that provides quality service to all members. Instructors are required to conduct themselves professionally at all times and to communicate with members in accordance with YMCA personnel policies and guidelines.
Instructors are expected to provide safe, effective workouts for different populations in accordance with class descriptions.
Time: Monday 8:30am (Aqua Fitness) 10:00am (Aqua Arthritis) 11:00am (Aqua Fitness)
Friday 10:00am (Aqua Arthritis) 11:00am (Aqua Fitness)
- A commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in youth. Value diversity, youth, and have a broad vision of health and wellness that is enhanced by relationship building.
- Completion of a satisfactory audition.
- CPR/FPR, First Aid, Oxygen Administration,
- YMCA Water Fitness Instructor (or equivalent certification from another organization), including current YASA or YMCA lifeguard (or its equivalent),
- YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles (within 6 months of hire).
- Able to teach at least 1 style of class.
- Minimum 18 years of age.