Global Category Manager/ Project manager
Regional Category Manager – Marketing Communications
Regional Head of Procurement – Latin America
Approved by (Manager)
- SABMiller Procurement GmbH (SABMP) is a new enterprise formed to manage the global procurement activities of SABMiller plc, one of the world’s largest brewers with brewing interests and sales and distribution agreements spanning six continents.
- Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, SABMP will create value for its customers and investors through excellence in purchasing across an extensive range of commodities, including brewing materials, packaging materials, capital equipment and other assets and non-production spend. The steady state annual value of spend under management is expected to exceed US$10bn by 2017. By this time, SABMP is targeted to deliver annual savings in excess of US$1billion for its customers and investors referenced against 2008 spend levels.
- Whilst the procurement headquarters are based in Zug, the organisation also comprises regional teams dispersed strategically across the international customer and supplier network. SABMiller comprises 5 regions – Latin America, Europe, Asia, Africa and South Africa. The headquarters of the LatAm region are based in Miami. For the procurement organisation overall, there will be a combination of global, regional and local roles and when fully established, be a multi-cultural workforce consisting of international leaders and experts in their field, characterised by its intellectual rigour, strategic appreciation and focus on value creation.
- The creation of the required structures to support this global procurement organisation and to develop the optimal sourcing strategies is now well underway. A critical component of this focuses on securing, retaining and developing the required talent referred to above and developing and embedding an appropriate employment infrastructure and culture to underpin the fulfilment of the company’s highly demanding goals.
Key Purpose Statement
- Lead on the execution of procurement and supply management activities for Latin America Marketing Communications:
- Team with key stakeholders in Marketing to support overall local and regional business/marketing objectives, to ensure their external spend is sourced effectively and efficiently
- Work with global category managers to both understand and input to their global sourcing strategies, and then define the relevant resulting regional strategies and key performance criteria
- With Marketing & Sales, selection and performance management of regional agencies/suppliers
- Ensure global sourcing policies and ways of working are applied for categories in the region; establish/document ways of working, ASKIC’s and best practices with client as necessary
- Identify, co-ordinate and negotiate regional/local contracts as required production deals
- Deliver all regional reporting for Marketing & Sales procurement
- Manage, coach and train regional/local buyers as appropriate
(This is a new role and the jobholder will have to prioritise which projects and ways of working to establish first, aligning with the business and procurement functions overall objectives.)
- The Regional Category Manager will be responsible for providing:
- Sourcing Strategy Execution
- Stakeholder alignment
- Risk Management
- Supplier Management
- Negotiation and Procurement services
- Categories are: media; production; ATL/BTL agency services; market research & insights
- Spend of $170million
1 direct report – LatAM RCM for Marketing Materials
Outputs and Accountabilities
- Provide strategic purchasing of Marketing Communications directly or with local buyers, maximising value for money for the brand budget holders and aligning with business/marketing strategies. He/she is the procurement strategic lead and resident expert for marketing communications in the region, establishing and facilitating best practices, working closely with marketing, both regional and local.
- The jobholder will need to identify and deliver benefits, manage quality, risk and innovation by developing negotiation strategies, leveraging scale and manage agencies, together with stakeholders.
- Under the guidance of the GCMs and input from Mktg & Sales, define regional sourcing strategy with action plan
- Ensure measures, controls & reporting are in place to track successful implementation
- Establish, maintain and continuously develop marketplace knowledge, trends and innovations.
- Evaluate/recommend the use of any key buying techniques such as auctions, barter, etc.
- Actively input to global category procurement strategies
- Provide strategic thinking & insight to aid Marketing &S ales in their strategy setting
- Implement the strategy to negotiate regional contracts with agencies & service/media providers as necessary
- With Marketing, ensure agencies/suppliers are highly motivated to provide their best work for the business as well as value for money, through accountable performance criteria, reporting, pay and management.
- Support Marketing in ensuring high quality media & communications management processes exist
- Apply effective and time efficient selection/tender processes to select & contract regional/local agencies, consultants, and auditors
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and laws especially for tax and compliance to SABMiller policy on consumer communications
- Maintain and communicate regional requirements/spends & activities for forward visibility of opportunities
- Ensure procurement governance is in place with stakeholder and internal SABMiller Procurement approvals as required
- Forecast and report on Benefits, Working capital and own budgets with clients, finance and procurement
- Collaborate/align with regional and local marketing teams as required (be seen as a member of the regional mktg team).
- Collaborate/align with global and local procurement teams as required.
- Manage, coach and train regional/local buyers as relevant
- Reporting lines
- Direct: Regional Head of Procurement
- Indirect: VP – Marketing & Sales Procurement
Knowledge and Experience Required
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree and related qualification is essential
- Experience in Marketing Communications procurement (including media)
- Experience of stakeholder management in a multi-national organisation
- Experience of a full range of Procurement tools, techniques and accountabilities ranging from supplier management, category analysis; and demand management.
- Scope of work definition/general purchasing terms and conditions
Skills and Attributes Required
- Have an ROI mindset that understands effectiveness/efficiency trade-offs
- Drive for results
- Excellent management skills with track record of delivery
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good communicator across all levels/cultures within and external to the organisation
- Customer focused mind-set and approach
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with an ability to manage complexity
- Proactive, energetic and committed
- Fluent English and Spanish essential