Regional Category Manager – Freight LatAm
Regional Head of Procurement; Freight and Fleet Category Director
10 July 2013
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
SABMiller Procurement was formed to manage the global procurement activities of SABMiller plc, one of the world’s largest brewers with brewing interests and sales and distribution agreements spanning six continents. SABMiller Procurement has a global Strategic Sourcing hub (Trinity) in Zug, Switzerland, and is supported by strong regional teams based in Miami and Johannesburg, and local teams in the majority of SABMiller country locations. The aim of the global Procurement organisation is to create value for SABMiller through excellence in procurement across an extensive range of commodities and components, including brewing materials, packaging materials, capital equipment, marketing materials and other assets and business consumables and services.
Our business represents a highly complex, multi-cultural workforce comprised, in many instances, of international leaders in their procurement field. The creation of the required structures to support this global procurement organisation and to develop the optimal sourcing strategies is now well underway. A critical component of this focuses on securing, retaining and developing the required talent and developing and embedding an appropriate employment infrastructure and culture to underpin the fulfilment of the company’s highly demanding goals. The global organisation aims to be known for its intellectual and analytical rigour, strategic focus backed up by executional and operational excellence and relentless drive for value creation for SABMiller.
1.Key Purpose Statement
- Evolve the category strategy for third party road transport (inbound raw material and outbound finished goods movements) as well as the Warehouse category in LatAm
- Translate the Road Transport and Warehousing Strategy into a sourcing and optimisation Project agenda
- Perform efficient and effective tendering leveraging state of the art sourcing tools and eTender technology, leading to strong incremental value at high service levels
- Apply appropriate transport and warehousing contract tracking and consolidation
- Define and implement operational and strategic supplier management practices
- Ensure proper stakeholder management and buy-in for establishing and executing the sourcing agenda
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to manage category procurement and work with the wider procurement organisation framework to provide service to the SABMiller businesses.
The Regional Category Manager will be responsible for providing
- Strategy set up and execution.
Sourcing and optimisation Projects
- Supplier Management activities
to SABMiller LatAm.
4.Outputs and Accountabilities
The role will be focussed on procurement for the LatAm Road Transport and Warehousing category including related services (e.g. customs, related storage or other value added services).
The role is to provide broad category procurement expertise, manage suppliers and support the development and implementation of strategies and operations ensuring that global procurement leverages scale and efficiencies, and manage risk appropriately within the category group in the LatAm Region.
- Participate in developing strategies and negotiating supply for an annual budget
- Maintain Service Level agreements within the Regions and Countries
- Drive annual productivity improvements in the corresponding spend category
- Implement the process to select and manage suppliers
- Manage Supplier compliance and supply issues
- Measure and track internal performance against targets, within each spend category
- Drive best practices in procurement and logistics
- Support country purchasing teams in resolving operational problems and in optimising short term supply plans
- Uphold internal and external policies, regulations and legislation, and ensure full tax compliance
- Develop teamwork within SABMiller Procurement and across the procurement organisation, with specific expertise in the portfolio spend categories
- Manage the analysts and other team members
- Attract, develop, and retain talent base as appropriate
5. Competence Requirements
Knowledge and Experience Required
- An appropriate Bachelor degree and related qualification is essential
- Several years of experience in Transport and Warehousing procurement as a category.
- Experience of working as a strategic sourcing ‘business partner’
- Experience of stakeholder management in a complex decentralised global environment
- Experience of the full range of Procurement tools, techniques and accountabilities ranging from supplier management, category analysis; buying and handling
- Knowledge of supplier, production and category management trends, regulations and regimes.
- Experience of successfully working with small but dispersed teams
Skills and Attributes Required
- Able to understand and interpret strategic plans focused both on external and internal trends
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Good communicator across all levels within and external to the organisation with personal gravitas and credibility
- Customer focussed mindset and approach
- Finance and budget management literate
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with an ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Excellent self management practices
- Proactive, energetic and committed
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic