Partner is seeking a Full-Time Senior Assessor to work in our Torrance, CA (or Santa, Ana, CA) office to perform all project management responsibilities including planning, executing, reviewing, and finalizing projects according to deadlines and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & TASKS
- Manage multiple projects concurrently
- Oversee quality control throughout the project’s life cycle
- Coordinating the efforts of Partner team members, and at times Partner Associates (PAs) in order to deliver projects according to plan
- Cultivate strong relationships with the Partner team members and the Client in order to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Conduct occasional inspections
- Occasionally write reports
- Perform quality assurance (QA) review and quality control (QC) of all portions of the project, including text and appendices.
- Communicate with client relationship managers (RM) re, Professional Associates (PAs) regarding scope-of-work (SOW) and client expectations throughout the term of the project.
- Effectively communicate project expectations (i.e. Client-specific SOW, templates) to team members and assessors in a timely and clear fashion throughout the course of the project.
- Provide solid recommendations and solutions to RMs and clients, while understanding the assessment’s potential impact on the transaction process.
- Identify and resolve issues with projects.
- Deliver appropriate progress reports (verbally or e-mail), recommendations to the RM and Client.
- Manage client follow-up, questions, and concerns.
- Communicate and coordinate follow-up questions with PAs during review process
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Place requests with Project Coordinator (PC) Group for Partner Associates’ engagements and vendor-provided items.
- Coordinate and respond to client requests for changes in project scope.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Ability to work on projects concurrently
- Proven ability to successfully deliver a quality product on time
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships within a team
- Understand the concept of building science as it pertains to due diligence
- Proficient in project estimating/proposals; report author; quality assurance (QA).
- Demonstrate strong skills in due diligence consulting
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience in construction management or due diligence services.
- 5 to 7 years experience conducting property inspections and writing associated assessments
- 1 to 2 years performing quality or peer reviews on property assessments
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen