At MMM Group, we are passionate about making a difference in communities through delivering innovative solutions that promote economic, social, and ecological viability. Our employees improve and transform neighbourhoods across Canada and around the world, delivering diverse and sustainable solutions that become a reality through their project contributions.
We are valued and trusted by our clients and partners because of our commitment to deliver outstanding work and customer service every single day. Our employees are the reason behind our success, and we strongly believe in providing the resources, opportunities, training, and guidance needed to help them reach their full potential.
Take the next step in your career and join a great employer – one that provides an exceptional and dynamic work environment that motivates, and encourages teamwork, initiative, and creativity. With us, you will have continuous opportunities for professional growth and development, along with the opportunity to work on award-winning projects alongside highly-respected individuals who are authorities in their fields; you will have an opportunity to make a difference.
MMM is currently seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Information Technology (IT) Department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the IT Development Manager this position will be responsible for leading the development and architecting of technical solutions based on business requirements. The Solutions Architect should have a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high quality and high performance web applications. This role will work closely with other architects, developers and business resources to build and maintain a high performing enterprise application suite that improve processes, increases staff productivity and creates value-add to existing business models.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Designing major aspects of the architecture of an application, including components such as user interface, middleware, backend and infrastructure.
- Ensure Architecture deliverables comply with the principles of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Ensuring that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure architecture is aligned with business requirements.
- Providing technical leadership to the applications development team.
- Understanding and evaluating business requirements and translating them into specific database solutions.
- Creating data design models, database architecture and data repository design.
- Working with the systems and database administration staff to implement, coordinate and maintain enterprise-wide data architecture.
- Be responsible for data integration across enterprise applications (eg. HRIS, ERP, CRM, etc…) - ETL, MDM integration, data analysis.
- Provide technical direction to ongoing projects, and monitor conformance to data standards.
- Define the usage characteristics of data across different systems.
- Keeps current with trends and technological innovations in the IT industry, and makes appropriate development recommendations.
- Documents architecture appropriately and consistently within the defined architectural process.
- Propose new or improved components for our core enterprise application stack and for other initiatives.
- Contribute fresh, new ideas during developer meetings and other brainstorming sessions.
- Work independently on individual projects and cohesively with other talented developers and business analysts in a positive, team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent program.
- Five (+) years of development experience in software or website development; proven experience developing database-driven applications.
- Expertise in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-level N-tier architecture in a Microsoft .NET Framework or Java Enterprise Edition platform.
- Experience in designing solutions based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Five (+) years’ experience in data architecture, business analysis and core ETL principles.
- Five (+) year’s knowledge with advanced SQL.
- Three (+) years working with MicrosoftSQL Server (2008/2008 R2/2012 preferred).
- Three (+) years’ experience working with SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
- Strong understanding of messaging architectures to support ESB, SOA / Services, and message oriented middleware.
- Solid experience in analyzing query performance issues and modifying data structure or application code to remedy performance problems.
- Experience in analytical dashboard delivery.
- Proven ability to factor requirements into design and implementation.
- Experience with database design, data warehousing, multidimensional cubes.
- Strong skills in statistics and analytics.
- Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proven documentation skills.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions (Nice to Have)
To learn more about this position, our firm and the projects we have been involved in, or to apply to this position, please visit our website: www.mmm.ca. Be sure to include a list of relevant projects that would be pertinent to this position. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly encourage applicants to submit their resume online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. MMM Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer.
Internal Staff Referrals - Career Link Level 2 Bonus