Business Development Manager
This position is responsible for the management and execution of the full BD and capture life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits. Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Create and execute sales plans to drive opportunities from initial identification to successful sale
- Develop and implement effective sales plans and identify, influence and win new business with federal government agencies
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve as Lead/Senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the quarterly business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline
- Develop capture plans for new contract opportunities.
- Briefs capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process
- Program/Project Management experience (5-10 years) with PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree
- US citizenship with clearance (or be clearable)
- Extensive experience in capture and business development process
- Exposure to latest application development and/or infrastructure support technologies
- Understanding of various technologies and tools
- The ideal candidate will have successful experience capturing projects and programs within the DoD and Federal civilian market vertical having developed strong relationships with one or more of our customer base.
- This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify and assess potential IT business opportunities that result in measurable revenue growth.
- He/she will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, and monitor competitor activity for each capture. Candidates at this level will develop the overall strategy, as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the opportunity.