This position is responsible for the proposal development function. Key duties include proposal planning; development of proposal structure and format; compliance requirement matrices; development of proposal sections; proposal production & submittal; and, maintenance of proposal repositories.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within a department(s) which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Organize and facilitate proposal kickoffs, meetings, review sessions, etc.
- Be able to read and understand Federal Government RFPs, RFIs, Market Surveys and write / edit multi-volume responses to government solicitations / requirements.
- Create compliance requirement matrices
- Under the direction of the Capture Manager, write prescribed outlines and create customer-focused, compliant written sections.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Subcontractor teammates to extract content details and write proposal sections accordingly. Review written sections with SMEs for accuracy and with Capture Managers to ensure inclusion of win strategies in the document and compliance with formats dictated in the RFP/RFI and proposal plan. Develop assigned sections of the proposal based on information elicited from operations and program management staff
- Search existing proposal source files and use appropriate research methods to obtain information and pertinent material to write technical, management, past performance, executive summaries, and other proposal sections
- Develop conceptual images, standard process flowcharts, diagrams, and other graphics needed for written sections
- Review & edit resumes, and carefully match candidates’ credentials, skills, and experience to requirements; interview candidates to gain more information; and edit for clarity, impact, and consistency
- Responsible for validating style, consistency, grammar, and syntax of the final document and re-writing to clarify and simplify text. Ensure finished product is clear, accurate, RFP-compliant, and the overall proposal has one voice
- Help the Company write & edit White Papers, RFIs, Market Surveys, Blogs, Presentations, Video Scripts, etc. and responses to Requests for Information and market surveys; present compelling information with high editorial standards to help company win new business.
- Write and edit in-house and customer-facing blogs, video scripts, conference presentations, and other material illustrating corporate abilities, successes, and prospects.
- Maintain and update editorial style guide, proposal repositories and history for company’s Proposal Center.
- Be the administrator and focal point for the company’s proposal center
- Proposal Development experience (minimum 2-3 years) with a federal IT Integrator
- Bachelor’s degree
- US citizenship
- Exposure to latest application development and/or infrastructure support technologies