This position will support the team and management during the proposal development/response process in order to compose winning bid responses. Some key duties include collaborating with the different functional teams to qualify opportunities, building proposal outlines, creating staffing and labor plans, competitive/pricing analysis support, proposal editing and post submittal phase, which involves the development of the proposal process, structure and format, compliance requirement matrices and the overall proposal presentation and design.
- Participate in bid strategies, pricing, staffing and resource management, teaming and proposal win strategies.
- Coordinate the proposal team throughout the process of proposal development, including corporate staff, operational staff, proposal staff of subcontractors, and consultants. Estimate the personnel and resources required to complete the proposal development phase.
- Review and analyze government-issued solicitations and make proposal outlines and/or requirements matrix-showing owners assigned to each section of each proposal volume.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to perform pricing and cost analysis reviews
- Perform technical staffing analysis, ensuring technical approach and labor costing are in sync
- Estimate staffing requirements for proposals and conduct personnel selections for projects based on analysis of resource/labor requirements. Identify and source Project Management, Key Management Personnel and other staff required for proposal submission. Prepare Personnel and Staffing sections of the Proposal.
- Participate in the development of win themes, discriminators, customer hot button issues, SWOT analysis (strengths-weaknesses-opportunities-threats), risk identification and mitigation.
- Enforce editorial standards; provide rewrite/editing/proofreading support as well as oversee version control of related documents
- Manage the technical volumes/sections of the proposal, including technical approach, management plan, personnel/staffing approach, past performance, and corporate experience.
- Identify and source resources meeting labor requirements associated with awarded contracts in the division domain areas of expertise including project managers, project and technical management team.
- Manage team structures, organizational charts, resource allocation and utilization processes including but not limited to aligning resources for positions as required by proposals and awarded projects
- Review proposal quotes and cost sheets and conduct analysis to ensure all proposals meet specific RFP requirements
- Provide reporting to management with respect to proposal generating activities and status
- Set up SharePoint sites, and then upload solicitations and proposal-related documents
- Develop/update business development related Standard Operating Procedures, style and usage guides, forms and templates as needed.
- BA or BS Degree minimum, Master’s degree is preferred (MBA or MIS)
- Experience using SharePoint for collaboration including but not limited to site creation, permissions, document control.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Demonstrated proposal writing skills
- Experience and background in financial modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated Sourcing and Project Staffing skills
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box
- Comprehensive understanding of IT service offerings and functional areas across all system management lifecycle. Solid understanding of CMM, ITIL, Enterprise Architecture, Networking, IT O&M, help desk / service desk, Information security and PMO.
- Experience with teaming and organization planning strategies, resource utilization and management techniques and practices
- Experience and expertise in proposal management and development best practices (eg Shipley etc)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL AT firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-378-6201 ext 101.