HEADSTRONG is a "domain-led, global IT consulting services" firm. Our exclusive array of client industries include: financial services, capital market, public sector, and healthcare.
We are well known within the global financial services community for our ability to combine our capital market industry knowledge with our technology consulting solutions expertise. Our clients benefit greatly from our niche market technology consulting, development and support services specifically for business IT software applications.
For over 30 years we have been providing niche market expertise in information systems technology and business process outsourcing. Our global reach includes North America, London, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, Manila, and India. Our client portfolio consists of top tier firms across the globe. Headstrong has over 3,000 employees internally with an exceptional track record of consistent organizational growth and profitability.
We currently have an immediate opening for a Junior Business Development Manager based in New York, NY. The Business Development Manager position has key responsibility for selling IT software consulting services specifically to the financial services industry.
- Identify business opportunities and trends for end-to-end IT consulting solutions specifically within the financial services industry. This includes Lead generation and identification of new opportunities with existing, former and new clients, and strategic partners, in defined verticals.
- Qualify customers by determining needs, ability-to-buy, and decision making capability
- Serve as a true "hunter" by selling end-to-end IT software consulting solutions (to multiple large accounts within the global investment, brokerage bank, and mid-tier financial communities)
- Partner with internal delivery engagement managers to develop & present proposals that convey business needs, project approach, & client benefits. This includes Planning revenue targets and ensuring on-track achievement with a focus on margin protection
- Execute negotiation and closing techniques to secure profitable business while positioning Headstrong service offeriengs with customer contacts at CxO, IT, & vendor management levels
- Consistently meet revenue targets and margin responsiblities
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- 1-2 years experience specifically selling IT consulting solutions/services to the financial services market
- Ability to exceed customer expectations & maintain high customer satisfaction consistently
- Authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship (highly prefered)
- College Graduate
- Experience with capital market clients such as investment banks, brokerage firms, and mid-tier financial institutions
- Knowledge of Securities industry and Finance as a whole is preferable (Capital Market)(You will be selling to global investment and brokerage banks along with mid-tier financial institutions)
- Understanding & familiarity of software development life cycle (SDLC). Must be reasonably technical. Do not need to know how to program. However, should be able to run software related demos
- Personable and able to work well in a sales team environment. Must also have proven ability to develop and sustain effective client relationships to set up commercial deals
- Must be able to conceptualize, articulate, and resolve business challenges by packaging relevant IT consulting solutions to solve each client issue successfully
- Proven ability to research and truly understand competitor strengths and weaknesses while effectively articulating Headstrong's competitive advantage
- Must have the ability to collaborate within a diverse international team environment. Must also be able to leverage internal team relationships to facilitate lead sharing, and capabilities building with an objective of executing onsite and offshore deals for Headstrong
- Experience with onsite/offshore outsourcing business model
- Must have knowledg of contract structuring, program/project management, IT trends/innovations.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written. Above average telephone communication skills. Discerning listening skills. Outstanding presentation skills & must be independent and a self-starter
- Degree in Computer Science, Finance, or Business
- Have worked for an IT consulting company previously (i.e. Big5 firm)
- Have worked for a global organization (or) Have international experience (or) Have worked in an environment that has an onsite/offshore business model
- Have an IT software application background and/or have a solid understanding of SDLC
Our rapid growth over the last several years provides the opportunity for strong career growth and an ability to truly have an impact. We offer competitive benefits and a great working environment. We look forward to reviewing your resume! In an effort to expedite the review process please be sure to include your salary history and work authorization status when you apply for the position. Thank you!
Headstrong, LLC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V