DUECO, Inc, a final-stage manufacturer, sells and services standard and customized equipment to the utility and related industries. We are seeking a Service Mechanic to join their Waukesha service team. Visit us on the web at www.dueco.com.
Under the direction of the Service Supervisor/Service Manager, the employee performs repair and maintenance on customer equipment according to Dueco standards. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following: applying knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems to test and inspect equipment to determine malfunction; replacing defective, worn or damaged parts; performing routine maintenance; reading blueprints, manuals, and schematic drawings; fastening parts; cleaning parts; using hand, power, and pneumatic tools; documenting job information; and maintaining a safe, clean work area.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible for product quality with attention to detail
- Able to plan, organize, require little to no supervision, and have a common sense approach to work.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude with shop skills including ability to read blueprints and machining.
- Ability to problem solve, including basic math skills and use of measuring tools.
- Provide training, assistance, and instruction where necessary.
- Work safely and efficiently.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Able to speak, write, and read the English language
- Able to operate customer truck, including standard transmission.
- Possess commercial driver’s license and meet Department of Transportation requirements.
- Proven record of stable work history and good attendance
- At least 18 years of age
- Pass pre-employment drug screening and physical
Equal Opportunity Employer