Senior Reliability Manufacturing Engineer
Cutera has been ranked on Forbes Magazine’s “200 Best Small Companies.” We design, develop, manufacture, and market medical instruments used in dermatology. Here's your opportunity to impact us.
- Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, you will reduce service and warranty costs by improving product reliability and process improvement
- Review field failure data, and service cost data to identify opportunities for product and process improvement
- Perform detailed investigations of failure mechanism(s) to identify failure mechanisms, including analysis of returned failed assemblies and experimental testing and accelerated reliability testing.
- Recommend design and or process improvements.
- Lead a cross-functional team including R&D and manufacturing engineering resources to design solutions for improved reliability
- Initiate and manage identified product improvement programs through implementation, and continue to track impact of implemented changes
- Regularly track reliability data and report on trends and recommendations
- Work with repair depot to collect pertinent data toward understanding and quantifying product reliability.
- BSEE, BSME, BSOE or equivalent with 6+ years of related capital equipment or medical device manufacturing engineering experience.
- Experience with SalesForce.com software strongly preferred
- Very hands-on with a strong problem solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot electromechanical systems and subsystems.
- Ability to read intermediate and advanced drawings and perform component testing as well as design the tests
- Laser / optics experience highly preferred.
- Experience working in the medical device industry a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills a plus.
- Project management experience managing technical projects from development through production release.
We seek exceptionally talented, capable, committed people to help shape and develop our company. We offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees. Cutera is an equal opportunity employer.
*Direct applicants only; please no search firms*