The Celestar Corporation has an IMMEDIATE NEED to identify multiple SAS® Engineers for an upcoming proposed effort. Please review the position description below. If interested and qualified, we welcome you to post for this challenging opportunity.
Anticipated Contract Award: August/September 2014
Anticipated Start Date: September/October 2014
Location: Reston, VA or Arlington, VA - TBD
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access; Access and Investigation must appear in JPAS and be within scope (5 – Years)
Those candidates with Current/Prior JIEDDO J-9 Experience will be given
The mission of JIEDDO J9 (Operations Research/Systems Analysis [ORSA]) is to conduct operations research and systems analysis to support analysis on defeating IEDs as weapons of strategic influence. In order to meet the analysis demands of the JIEDDO J9, a non-organic analysis capability must be leveraged to perform these tasks.
- Provide support for Blue Force Tracking (BFT) data extraction and analysis.
- Facilitate and update ESRI/ArcGIS shape files for effect BFT mapping.
- Assist decision makers in risk assessments, prioritization, and weighting of performance metrics.
- Maintain the metrics dashboard and data extraction to support assessments, provide modifications, updates, new metrics, and optimizations to the dashboard as directed.
- Provide leadership with quantitative organizational assessments to support functional evaluations.
- Automate the collection, parsing, and mining of large datasets from different data sources.
- Provide unstructured text processing and analysis, and/or using network analysis methodologies to support the mission.
- Master's Degree in a technical discipline plus Five (5) years of experience or a Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline plus Seven (7) years of experience; Twelve (12) years experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be a CERTIFIED ADVANCED PROGRAMMER with five years experience.
- Must have experience working with and analyzing large (millions of records) datasets, applying mathematical and statistical analysis techniques to real-world data, and programming in Base SAS®.
- Active Top Secret Level Clearance with SCI Access
- Must possess a Current US Issued Passport or be able to produce one prior to assignment
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS - NOT REQUIRED
- Certified Platform Administrator
- Certified Predictive Modeler
- Certified Business Intelligence (Data Maps – Visual Display Information)
Come onboard with a company that Values its Employees!
Celestar, a Veteran Owned Company, is Very Competitive with Salaries and Benefits. As an example, we offer Company Paid Benefits that include Employee and Family Dental Insurance, Employee Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance. We also offer a 401k retirement company match, paid Holidays and Personal Time Off.
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
Minimum physical demands for on task positions: Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Team Members on Task (CONUS only, minimal or no job-related travel):
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Office Type Environment with Temperature Control. May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. General office environment.
Team Members on task (CONUS and OCONUS assignments, some travel):
• Specific vision abilities required by the job may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone must be physically able to live in austere conditions during off duty time that may include extremes in temperature, noise, and must not have any medical conditions that require access to uninterrupted power sources.
• Team Members deployed to a combat zone will be subject to hazardous conditions which may require them to wear a kevlar helmet, individual body armor and/or wear a gas mask for extended periods of time.
Celestar's policy is to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunity for qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
We are a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you should have difficulty accessing our online application, please call us during normal working hours for immediate assistance @ (813)-627-9069