The Banff Centre is the largest arts and creativity incubator on the planet. Through our multidisciplinary programming, The Banff Centre provides thousands of artists, leaders, and researchers from across Canada and around the world with the support they need to create, to develop solutions, push boundaries, and to make the impossible possible.
The Banff Centre is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to manage the operations and activities of Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer (VP, CFO) and the Vice-President, Arts (VP, A). The successful candidate exhibits superior organization and enjoys the administrative challenges supporting a diverse group of people and programs. He/she will possess advanced communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Manage and prioritize the daily schedules and provides administrative and logistical support to the VP, CFO and VP, A, including researching and synthesizing information into briefs and reports as required
- Provides a first point of contact to visitors to the Offices
- Coordinate and assist with the successful delivery of special events and functions hosted by the VP, CFO or VP, A
- Manage the administrative budget for the Executive Office including forecasting and financial documents processing
- Ensures communications and financial records are maintained, accessible and in compliance with FOIP
- Liaises and facilitates communication between the EOs, and internal and external contacts
If you have a passion for the arts, a high degree of tact, initiative, and concern for accuracy and confidentiality, and have the following qualifications, we want to hear from you:
- A minimum of a degree and/or diploma in business or a related field
- Minimum three-years in senior administrative support positions, working under minimal supervision
- Advanced organization, time management, and oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and proficiency working with database, spreadsheet and software are considered assets
- Fluency in French is considered an asset
Employment Terms & Benefits
- Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check through the local R.C.M.P. detachment, verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a full time salaried position, subject to a 12-month probationary period
- The annual salary for this position ranges between $40,139 to $50,000 (commensurate with level of education and experience)
- The Banff Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package. For more information visit our benefits page.
We are accepting applications for this position from February 20th, 2014 to March 9th, 2014.
Should you have any questions about this role, please contact Katrina Donald, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 403-762-6177.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please submit your application along with your resume and a cover letter (explaining how you can create an impact and why you are a fit for the Executive Assistant role at The Banff Centre) online via The Banff Centre careers website as per below:
- For new applicants, click ‘Apply for this Position’ at the bottom of this page and complete the application for employment. Please upload your cover letter (in one document and quoting the appropriate position title) and resume as ONE document in either .doc or .pdf format. NOTE: Multiple documents will not be accepted.
- For previous applicants, log into your profile at the bottom of this page using your email address and password, then click on the browse button to upload your cover letter (in one document and quoting the appropriate position title) and resume as ONE document in either .doc or .pdf format. NOTE: Multiple documents will not be accepted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The Banff Centre hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.
To check the status of your application at anytime, please go to previous applicants and log into your profile. We thank all applicants for their interest however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in working at The Banff Centre.
The Banff Centre, though its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for The Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner.