The Honolulu office of WJE is seeking a licensed architect with experience in the investigation and repair of existing building envelope systems, including exterior wall, roofing, and waterproofing systems. Candidates should have the competence to evaluate the appropriate use of materials; develop and critique details and specifications; and provide technically sound solutions for existing building envelope repairs and new construction projects. Candidates should also have project management experience with the ability to build and maintain client relationships. This position operates autonomously with little oversight, but the ability to manage a project team and to assist on projects managed by others is a must.
10 years of building envelope consulting experience with sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods, and scientific principles as they relate to building envelope performance
BS/MS in Architecture
Experience managing small and medium-sized projects
Professionally licensed Architect
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Auto CAD and Microsoft Office
Active in professional organizations
LEED accreditation desirable
Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area as workload and projects require
- Energy and Enthusiasm - Consistently maintains high levels of activity and productivity
- Attention to Detail - Careful and quality oriented
- Communication - Clearly conveys information, excellent writing skills
- Assumes Responsibility - Self-starter, willing to interact as a team player, and take independent initiative. Works proactively in solving problems; makes self available and takes action beyond normal responsibilities
- Interest in WJE work - Has traditional architectural training and skills combined with a passion for fixing problems with existing buildings rather than new design
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.