Pioneering Therapies, Transforming Lives. What does it mean to be part of the Thoratec Team? It means working in a fast-paced environment that inspires you. It means collaborating on projects that literally save patients' lives. We have an incredible opportunity for a Sr. Business Analyst to work with our innovative IT Applications team in Pleasanton, California.
The Sr. Business Analyst is the most advanced level in the Business Analyst series; incumbents perform with the highest degree of independence. Assignments include broad scope projects impacting multiple departments with complex transactions and involving multiple processes across all lines of business. Position incumbents may act as a leader over multiple, integrated business processes and teams (both new and re-engineering projects) mainly focused on the ERP environment.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Function as the leader for the most complex and/or integrated business design and re-engineering projects. Responsibilities include ownership for the entire project management cycle: requirements, design, application testing/validation, installation, training of end users, and support.
- Lead the implementation of new functionality within the ERP environment.
- Lead the analysis and recommendation of proposed changes to existing systems provided by the vendor.
- Provide consultative analysis and advice in establishing business strategies in order for departments to achieve these strategies. Apply traditional business case analysis to arrive at and/or confirm the merits of a recommendation.
- Lead the evaluation of new software systems.
- Independently resolve complex software support issues; resolve complex integration issues across multiple environments (e.g. ERP, Salesforce, SAP’s BPC, Quality Systems, etc.); resolve conflicts within the technology/architecture, business process, and teams.
- Gathers business requirements through a variety of techniques such as work sessions and interviews.
- Communicate effectively with the IT and business teams, with management, and with 3rd party vendors.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and the liaison between technical personnel and non-technical personnel.
- Design and write custom reports utilizing end user based reporting tools.
- Work with all level of users and development groups to identify and document system recommendations for current and future development; work with users to refine processes and procedures guidelines.
- Develops and adheres to established standard operating procedures.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and ten years of experience; or twelve years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of SDLC, software development concepts, practices and procedures.
- 10 years ERP experience required.
- Experience with system integration and reporting required.
- 5 years of managing large cross functional projects required.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills at all organizational levels.
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to transform complex business requirements into clear technical specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and adjust priorities of each to meet business-driven demands essential with strong problem solving ability.
- Ability and willingness to transfer knowledge to team members and others in the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and react positively to frequent changes in priorities.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise reporting systems, including Enterprise Analytical and Reporting Tools (e.g. SAP BPC, Crystal, etc.).
- Force.com platform experience.
- Financial Consolidation and Reporting Process knowledge
- Expertise in developing plans, requirements, and specifications for acquiring, implementing and enhancing applications.
- Experience working on validated systems in an FDA-regulated industry.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Why work for us?
For more than 30 years, Thoratec has been committed to developing advanced medical technologies to improve patient survival and quality of life. Thoratec provides the broadest mechanical circulatory support portfolio to treat the full range of clinical needs. From acute to chronic heart failure, Thoratec offers proven device-based therapies to provide a new beginning for patients and their families. We value people who are passionate about collaboration, creativity, and quality. We give back to our community and help people live healthy lifestyles through support, education, involvement, and participation.
Thoratec employs more than 900 people worldwide. We are based in Pleasanton, California, with facilities in Burlington, Massachusetts; Sunnyvale and Rancho Cordova, California; Gainesville, Florida; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Cambridgeshire, UK; and Zurich, Switzerland.
Thoratec Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.