Position: Shift Leader - Protective Security Specialist (PSS)
Location: Baghdad, IQ (OCONUS)
- Manage and direct protective security operations (PRS, ERT/QRF, etc) on a day-to-day basis.
- The SL shall be designated as a protective security specialist (P).
- The SL is required to attend the protective security specialist (PSS) training course.
- The SL must maintain weapons qualifications as outlined in this contract, for the Glock, M4, Shotgun, M240, M249 and M203 and familiarization fire for the AK47.
- Directly supervises protective security specialists.
- Ensures that all posts and detail positions / labor categories are properly covered and that the detail is operating smoothly in accordance with schedule and preset plans.
- Directs and controls response actions, if required, through radio communications during motorcades and all ground, air, or water movements.
- U.S. Citizen as specified by the Task Order
- Five (5) years experience in protective security assignments.
- Two (2) of these years shall have been in a supervisory or in-charge-capacity.
- Six (6) months of protective security experience working in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- The remaining three (3) years of experience can be gained in the employ of any national, State/Provincial, Local or commercial entities providing high threat protective services.
- Prefer candidates with prior PRS experience in Iraq or Afghanistan and those that have taken protective security specialist courses within the last 2 years.