PLA seeks an experienced LAN/WAN Infrastructure Consultant to help us continue to grow our Virtualization, Infrastructure and Storage practice. This position will be primarily responsible for LAN/WAN infrastructure assessments, architecture and implementation but will also be exposed to virtualization and storage technologies in order to expand their skill sets.
The candidate must possess the following specific skill set experience to be considered:
- MUST HAVE experience with iSCSI and VLAN configuration
- MUST HAVE experience architecting LAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructure (physical and logical) designs for small and mid-size companies
- Strong knowledge of configuring routing, switching, firewalls, and VPNs
- Strong knowledge of LAN &WAN configuration options including MPLS, iSCSI, QOS, VLANs, SNMP, Dynamic Routing & Security including IDS/IPS systems.
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN issues and using applicable tools such as SolarWinds, WebSense, Security Scanners & Packet Sniffers.
- Strong knowledge of WAN Optimization technologies (Riverbed, Cisco, and others)
- Strong knowledge of Load Balancing Appliances (F5, Citrix Netscaler, Kemp, etc)
- Cisco Firewalls including PIX and ASA, Cisco routers, switches, IDS, Wireless LAN Controllers & Access Points,
- Knowledge of other LAN/WAN products a plus such as Juniper routers & switches (Junos), CheckPoint and Fortinet Firewalls, Dell PowerConnect and HP Procurve switches, WebSense, & SolarWinds.
- Knowledge of Microsoft edge product lines such as Unified Access Gateway (UAG), Threat Management Gateway (TMG)
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP & Directory Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server
- Strong knowledge of Virtualization and Storage Technologies a plus
At least 2-3 years’ experience with some of the following:
- Performing LAN/WAN assessments and delivering findings around performance and best practices
Certifications and Vertical Experience:
- Cisco, Checkpoint, or Microsoft certifications
- Cisco Call Manager Experience