Do you have a desire to be part of a company creating cutting edge life sciences technology? Pacific Biosciences is looking for an experienced Process Engineer ready to work on our biologically integrated semiconductor chip technology. The successful candidate will work within our multi-disciplinary SMRT Cell Manufacturing Engineering team. We are looking for someone with a strong Process Engineering background in Etch and Thin film deposition. They must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors in order to improve and ramp our chip manufacturing processes. Much of this job is hands-on and requires knowledge of process tools, process control and data analysis techniques. Experience working with both Tier 1 Foundries and research Fabs to improve yield, process control and metrology is a plus. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy team.
This person will own some key process modules and ensure high quality parts are delivered from Semiconductor foundry partners. This includes developing plans for ramp to production volumes, CIP activities, excursion prevention and recovery, quality control through application of SPC, and more. A successful candidate will be additionally responsible for evaluating existing processes, equipment, metrology and to develop new processes that improve throughput, yield, cost and quality. This person will work very closely with external foundries and will represent the company for specific product lines. This person can expect to work across functions, interfacing with Development and Manufacturing teams.
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Physics.
• Expert in at least one thin films process module (e.g. HDP, PECVD)
• Experience with different etch chemistries and techniques
• In-depth understanding of SPC, DOE, and engineering statistics.
• 10+ years of industry experience in wafer fabrication or High Volume Manufacturing environments
• Strong ownership and drive for success
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
• Familiarity with ISO 9001 & 13485
• Experience with JMP, MatLab, MySQL, Visual Studio