Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to participate in advanced SMRT cell development for Front-End processes. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences technology and mission. His/her central focus will be to support the process qualification and parameter definition for foundry transfer of novel front-end processes used in the next generation wafer fabrication. The candidate will be required to lead and participate in complex development projects ranging from process feasibility to complex builds involving the full process flow. The candidate must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors and must be very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment. In addition, they will also be expected to travel to partner sites and maintain key working relationships with front-end suppliers as per Pacific Biosciences technology roadmap.
• Work with front-end supplier teams across cultural and geographical boundaries on joint development projects for new technology bring-up. This will include interfacing with external suppliers via conference calls and frequent trips with extended stays at partner sites in order to manage and develop key process technologies.
• Develop front-end unit processes like Lithography, CMP, CVD, PVD, Etch, W2W Bonding etc., used in wafer fabrication
• Develop process flows that integrate the various unit processes above to achieve yield and COGS targets for the integrated device.
• Define, identify and document appropriate set of process control parameters for manufacturability and yield.
• Manage development time lines for critical process lots in the fab.
• M.Sc, or equivalent experience in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related scientific and engineering disciplines.
• 4-6 years of industry experience in wafer fabrication in a foundry (candidates with experience in HVM fabs and process transfer preferred).
• Hands-on experience developing front-end unit processes like Lithograph, Etch, CMP, CVD, PVD, W2W Bonding etc.
• Ability to travel for at least 30% of their time with extended stays at partner sites.
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.