Front Desk Host
|# of openings:||0|
The Avatar Hotel is looking for a professional, fun, and efficient person to join our team as a Front Desk Host.
Are you ready for a fantastic opportunity that will help you do what you love (working with people) while impacting the bottom line? Are excited about the new stadium and all the sporting events coming to Santa Clara? Then keep reading!
What can we tell you about the property?
The Avatar Hotel, located near new 49ers Levi’s Stadium and Great America Theme Park, has 168 guest rooms that offer modern furnishings that are suitable for both the road warrior and the leisure traveler. The Avatar has been called one of the most "geek chic" hotels in the world and the hotel's outdoor heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi round out the hotel's fun vibe.
Who is COMMUNE HOTELS + RESORTS?
We are an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotel and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
Take a look at what we’ve created so far:
At Commune, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose – Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
* A person who enjoys a fast paced work environment and can respond quickly and smartly.
* A person who is able to blend an authentic, unique, and personalized service with a professional approach.
* Someone who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and will take care of the hotel and it’s guests as it was their own.
* Someone who works well handling multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests; PBX operations to include mail/message service; taking hotel reservations; and concierge services in a gracious and professional manner. Demands accuracy with daily accounting procedures. Carry out duties as assigned in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, in accordance with Joie de Vivre Hospitality’s core values.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
6. Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Previous hotel experience.
9. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
10. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous experience with automated property management system
Essential Job Functions:
• Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner and offer Joy of Life Club.
• Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
• Adhere to the principles of ResPlus including the “Perfect ResPlus Call” and the “Call Back Program”.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered
• promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
• Review arrivals noting special requests and blocking rooms as necessary for VIP/Joy of Life Club Members and group arrivals.
• Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
• Bucket checks to be performed by each shift to verify data as it pertains to: 1. Guest name, 2. Guest address, 3. Room rate, 4. Date of departure, 5. Number of guests in room, 6. Verify ER Members, and 7. credit card imprint.
• Ensure proper credit card procedures are followed at all times to include credit card imprint and guest signature on registration slip.
• Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash,
• credit card, and check transactions during a given shift.
• Issue guest safety deposit boxes as requested.
• Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b. all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
c. all room rates, special packages and promotions.
d. daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e. room availability status for any given day.
f. scheduled daily group activities.
• Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
• Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests.
• Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
• Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
• Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave messages.
• Accept and record wake-up call requests.
• Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver).
• Meet with departing Front Desk Host to review business status, log-book and follow-up items.
• Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
• Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
• Adhere to the Joy of Life Club standards including: 1) Processing ER member points and nights stayed at time of checkout and handing receipt to member; 2) Offering membership in ER Club to all qualified guests; 3) Ensure “soft benefits” are administered for ER members prior to arrival.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Keep the front desk as well as lobby areas clean and well organized.
• Assist with reservations calls in a manner consistent with ResPlus principles.
• Legibly document maintenance needs on Second Effort Log and submit to Manager.
• Assist with Shuttle Driving when necessary
Are you a returning user?
|Back to Search Results