Domain Hotel is looking for servers! Come join a team that works hard and has fun while they work! This position will assist and fill-in as needed in banquets, room service, breakfast, and bar service. We are looking for a authentic "can-do" personality that wants to obtain some great experience and exposure within a cool property!
Domain Hotel is a lifestyle, boutique hotel located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The blend of warm and inviting service and sophisticated style appeals to both business and leisure guests. The 136 guestrooms are decorated in two styles, Awakening and Tranquility, which enable our guests to enhance their stay with individual preference and mood.
We are an international hotel management company with a leading portfolio of transformative, boldly innovative boutique hotel and resort brands. We create the kind of distinct experiences that can transform your day, your trip, or even your life.
Take a look at what we’ve created so far:
Joie de Vivre—our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local.
Thompson Hotels—urban and sophisticated properties that appeal to the modern nomad.
Tommie—a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities internationally.
At Commune, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose – Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
* Someone who can work quickly and efficiently under pressure
* Someone who describes themselves as a “can do” person
* Someone who enjoys guests interaction
* A person with attention to detail and a passion for hospitality
* Someone with a flexible schedule and can work both weekends and week days
Take food and beverage orders, record orders in the POS system in a timely manner. Deliver food and beverage orders to restaurant and bar areas. Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the restaurant and bar areas. Wait on tables promptly and courteously in adherence to standards of service. Provide guest service in accordance to company policy and standard. Assist in the control of food & beverage and operating supply costs. Deliver prompt, courteous service according to JdV service and operating.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production
- Ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ability to differentiate dates.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
- Ability to expand and condense recipes.
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Punctuality and regular, reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others and the public and timelines.
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
- Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
- Observe correct and safe usage and care of all machinery in the kitchen operation.
- Document any maintenance needs and submit to Supervisor.
- Ensure that excess items are utilized efficiently.
- Provide feedback to management.
- High School graduate
- Food handling certification/Serv-Safe certificate
- Alcohol awareness certification (TIPS Training)
- Knowledge of P.O.S. system, preferably Micros
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Endure various physical throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending, climbing, and stooping.
- Ability to stand and/or walk continuously throughout the shift to perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to be able to grasp, load, and carry trays.
- Ability to endure repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain good coordination while serving orders quickly.
- Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move received goods and boxes.
Secondary Job Functions:
- Assist the F&B Director, Executive Chef, and/or Sous Chefs with monthly inventory, staff training, and other departmental duties as needed.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Attend meetings, menu and wine tastings as scheduled.