|Property:||LURE + TILL Restaurant, at the Epiphany Hotel|
|# of openings:||2|
We are currently looking for servers for Epiphany Hotel, the newest boutique hotel soon to be opened in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
The renovation and remodel of Commune Hotels + Resorts newest Joie de Vivre property is underway in Palo Alto – The Epiphany Hotel. This unique luxury boutique hotel is located right in the heart of downtown Palo Alto and is slated to open its doors in early 2014. With 86 rooms, full restaurant and bar, innovative meeting space, and roof top hospitality suites; The Epiphany showcases the best of Joie de Vivre’s creativity towards innovation and design aesthetic. This property will harness the entrepreneurial passion and enthusiasm of Silicon Valley, while offering an unforgettable guest experience.
Take a look at what we’ve created so far:
· Joie de Vivre—our hip collection of hotels that focus on the quirky and the local.
· Thompson Hotels—urban and sophisticated properties that appeal to the modern nomad.
· Tommie—a design-centric, value-conscious line of hotels in gateway cities internationally.
At Commune, we are passionate about our culture and proud to hire high performing individuals that are aligned with our purpose – Creating Transformative Experiences that Inspire the Human Spirit.
Take food and beverage orders, record orders in the POS system in a timely manner. Deliver food and beverage orders to restaurant and bar areas. Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the restaurant and bar areas. Wait on tables promptly and courteously in adherence to standards of service. Provide guest service in accordance to company policy and standard. Assist in the control of beverage and operating supply costs. Deliver prompt, courteous service according to JdV service and operating.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
3. Two years of experience in four- or five-star establishments with proven
4. Knowledge of fine wines, beer, and liquor.
5. Punctuality; regular and reliable attendance.
6. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and work with a minimum of supervision.
7. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
9. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
10. Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
11. Ability to maintain concentration and a well-organized work environment as well as the ability to think clearly.
12. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
13. Ability to thoroughly describe and sell all menu items.
14. Ability to comfortably learn and communicate daily menu specials
15. Understanding of menu ingredients and cooking techniques
1. High School graduate
2. Food handling certification/Serv-Safe certificate.
3. Alcohol awareness certification (TIPS Training)
4. Knowledge of P.O.S. system, preferably Micros
5. Extensive experience in a fine dining environment
Are you a returning user?
|Back to Search Results