Department: Front Office
Position: Shuttle Driver
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Overview Shuttle Driver: Transport guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner, using safe driving practices. Assist with keeping the appearance of the hotel (keeping the lobby and grounds clean and presentable) at quality levels to maintain guest satisfaction. Assist with Guest Services as needed.
Reports To: Operations Manager and Front Office Supervisors
Internal: Guest Services staff, Sales, Housekeeping, Accounting, Maintenance, Front Office Supervisor, Operations Manager, Cultural Ambassador, and General Manager.
External: Hotel guests/visitors, tour company representatives, limousine service personnel, and other hotel personnel.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation. Will need to be available Monday through Friday for either a AM shift of 7 AM to 11 AM or a PM shift of 4 PM to 8 PM.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
6. Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Previous hotel experience.
9. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
10. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
11. Valid Class C driver’s license issued by the state in which the hotel is located. Provide evidence of insurability. Excellent driving record required.
12. Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous Opera experience
3. Hotel experience
Essential Job Functions:
• Comprehend and abide by all traffic regulations while transporting customers to and from the airport terminal or other designated site
• Listen, understand and respond immediately to customer and employee inquiries and requests for assistance. Greet customers with a friendly and sincere welcome.
• Lift luggage, packages and boxes from cars, buses, vans and carts, placing items on the ground, onto baggage carts, conveyors or other vehicles.
• Clearly communicate the features, and services of the hotel facilities.
• Maintain cleanliness of the hotel vehicle by cleaning and washing it when appropriate.
• Take vehicle for periodic servicing and fueling as required.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b. all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
• Other duties as assigned such as:
a. Assisting guests with their luggage.
b. Attending to guest requests as notified by Front Desk Hosts.
c. Maintaining quality appearance of the hotel.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
I hereby certify that I have read and understand the duties and responsibilities enclose herein: