We are currently looking for a Front Office Host to join the team at San Jose's Premier Boutique Hotel, The Moorpark Hotel.
The Moorpark Hotel in San Jose features a contemporary clubby design, highlighted by neo-traditional style and tailored details. Special features include a billiards loft, heated pool, hot tub, spacious fitness center, business center, conference facilities, and a VIP club level with exclusive services and amenities. The Park Bar & Grill opens to the hotel's sunny courtyard and serves relaxed American fare.
In October of 2011, Thompson Hotels and Joie De Vivre Hospitality merged to create the recently launched Commune Hotels and Resorts. Commune has poised itself to be the largest boutique hotel company. Comprised of multiple boutique brands, we are in the midst of an ambitious national expansion. As a hospitality company, our people are at the heart of what we do. Progressivism, enthusiasm, creativity, and vibrant diversity create our culture. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join a company at the formation of an international brand and rapid expansion!
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- Service orientated individuals
- Folks that enjoy being detail orientated
- People that enjoy being part of a team, but are comfortable working independently
Ideal candidates will have previous hotel experience in the applicable department. Must have flexible schedules as days and times change according to business levels.
Responsible for providing quality guest service as it pertains to checking in/out of hotel guests; PBX operations to include mail/message service; taking hotel reservations; and concierge services in a gracious and professional manner. Demands accuracy with daily accounting procedures.
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
3. Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
4. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
6. Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Previous hotel experience.
9. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
10. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous experience with automated property management system
Essential Job Functions:
• Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a confident, professional, and friendly manner and offer Joy of Life Club.
• Initiate call back after check-in to ensure guest is satisfied with accommodations as well as offer any assistance.
• Adhere to the principles of Signature including the “Perfect ResPlus Call” and the “Call Back Program”.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Provide gracious and efficient telephone service as it relates to general PBX services. Calls should be answered
• promptly and knowledgeably, always ensuring complete and accurate information.
• Review arrivals noting special requests and blocking rooms as necessary for VIP/Joy of Life Club Members and group arrivals.
• Complete all items as listed on shift checklists.
• Bucket checks to be performed by each shift to verify data as it pertains to: 1. Guest name, 2. Guest address, 3. Room rate, 4. Date of departure, 5. Number of guests in room, 6. Verify ER Members, and 7. credit card imprint.
• Ensure proper credit card procedures are followed at all times to include credit card imprint and guest signature on registration slip.
• Adhere to all cashiering procedures: open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash,
• credit card, and check transactions during a given shift.
• Issue guest safety deposit boxes as requested.
• Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b. all room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and location.
c. all room rates, special packages and promotions.
d. daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e. room availability status for any given day.
f. scheduled daily group activities.
• Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
• Communicate service and amenities of the hotel to guests.
• Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
• Take, record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
• Offer detailed information on the voice mail system to callers and guests wishing to leave messages.
• Accept and record wake-up call requests.
• Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity deliver).
• Meet with departing Front Desk Host to review business status, log-book and follow-up items.
• Provide Concierge service - fluent knowledge of local restaurants, special events, city attractions, and guest amenities.
• Knowledgeable of hotel fire and emergency procedures.
• Adhere to the Joy of Life Club standards including: 1) Processing ER member points and nights stayed at time of checkout and handing receipt to member; 2) Offering membership in ER Club to all qualified guests; 3) Ensure “soft benefits” are administered for ER members prior to arrival.
Secondary Job Functions:
• Keep the front desk as well as lobby areas clean and well organized.
• Assist with reservations calls in a manner consistent with ResPlus principles.
• Legibly document maintenance needs on Second Effort Log and submit to Manager.
• Develop relationships with local service providers: bonded baby-sitters, florists, beauty shops, etc.