Make the move … Join the team at Graybar Canada!
Are you looking for a career as opposed to a job? This position is an entry level position into our organization. We are searching for talent that one day wants to have a career in distribution and/or sales.
Graybar Canada, an employee-owned company, is a wholesale distributor for thousands of items from leading manufacturers of electrical and communications & data products. Graybar Canada operates over 30 locations across the country.
Committed to quality through its customer service, products, supply and distribution, and performance, Graybar Canada is a subsidiary of Graybar Electric Company Inc., a Fortune 500 company and one of the oldest and largest American electrical distributors.
Graybar Canada has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available in our Charlottetown, PEI location for:
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee’s Children
- No Evening or Weekend Shifts
To perform branch administrative duties on a daily basis according to established procedures. Meet goals within a team oriented environment to service external and internal customers.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Greet and assist incoming customers, vendors and other persons.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meetings and events as required.
- Receive and forward telephone inquiries to appropriate person and provide general information to clients and the public.
- Prepare typed documents for Management using Word and Excel.
- Provide administrative assistance and support as requested.
- Expedite all purchase orders and maintain delivery information.
- Perform clerical duties and maintain inventory of office supplies; general filing and file maintenance, as required.
- Keep reception area organized and tidy.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or Business is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of electrical products and applications would be considered an asset but not required.
- Exhibits excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Practice excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a very high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and experience managing customer requests.
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with people in a busy office environment with minimum supervision.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Graybar Canada is an equal opportunity.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.