MAKE THE MOVE…
JOIN ONE OF NORTH AMERICA’S “MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES”
Are you looking for a career as opposed to a job? This position is an entry level position into our organization. We are searching for talent that one day wants to have a career in sales.
Graybar Canada, a division of Graybar Electric, a Fortune 500 corporation, is a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, automation and telecommunications products and provider of related supply chain management and logistics services.
Graybar operates more than 250 distribution facilities throughout North America, with 30 branches across Canada. As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies, Graybar has the power and stability of a big corporation and the integrity and drive of a neighborhood business.
Graybar Canada currently has an exciting career opportunity available in our Markham, Ontario location for a:
Graybar Canada offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Benefits
- Group RRSP Matching
- Corporate Fitness Membership Program
- Employee Share Purchase Program
- Computer Purchase plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Service Awards Program
- Scholarship Program for Employee’s Children
- Excellent Hours - No Evening or Weekend Shifts
- Safely drives truck or van to transport materials within specified area. Please note: The vehicle driven is a van and as such AZ or DZ licensing is not required.
- Verifies each delivery on the manifest before leaving the warehouse.
- Verifies load against shipping papers. Obtains signed receipts for delivered material.
- Effective delivery of product that will satisfy customers’ expectations of a timely delivery.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies as required and immediately reports any deficiencies to ensure safe operation.
- Complies with Graybar Canada’s safe loading and unloading procedures.
- Complies with Graybar Canada’s hazardous material procedures.
- Meets customer and Graybar standards while conducting all duties in a safe, courteous and professional manner. Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Takes an active role in communicating customer feedback to Graybar Canada management, including customer complaints, requests, returns, performance, competitive information and potential opportunities.
- Performs Warehouse Support responsibilities when not engaged in primary responsibilities.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Ontario driver's license (G) and a clean driving abstract. A minimum of two years driving experience and/or a certificate from a driver's training school is required. Ontario's driver's license (DZ) is not necessary but considered an asset.
- Ability to, by way of training, experience or both, safely operate the type of motor vehicle he/she will be required to drive.
- Knowledge of safe and proper loading procedures.
- Knowledge of city traffic and locations to help determine most efficient routes.
- Knowledge of the procedures for securing the type of cargo in the motor vehicle he/she drives.
- Basic reading and math skills, including the use of charts and schedules.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Moderate mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to drive in adverse weather or road conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds routinely.
- Must be able to walk, drive and move freely. Must have corrected hearing and eyesight.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public and customers, to include offering information, answering questions and taking orders.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Graybar Canada is an equal opportunity employer.