Eagleville Hospital is currently hiring full time, part time, and PRN Nursing Assistants.
- Assists the nurse and treatment team in providing a safe and supportive environment which promotes patient rehabilitation
- Participating in nursing shift report for full update on status of patients
- Responding to medical and psychiatric emergencies and assisting in the management of behavioral emergencies utilizing nonviolent crisis interventions.
- Available for discussions with individual patients as needed.
- Assisting with basic nursing procedures including personal hygiene as needed (bed bath, showers, dressing, measuring intake and output etc.), vital signs, weights, observation of urine specimen collection, transporting and lifting patients, care of psychiatrically and medically ill patients.
- Searching new admissions, both patient and belongings, and providing patient orientation to unit and hospital with appropriate corresponding documentation and signatures.
- Available for transporting charts, mail, food trays, unit supplies, Hospital correspondence, phone coverage and unit relief.
- Supervises patients on 1:1 and special precautions, and documents.
- Makes hourly rounds of assigned unit, observing every patient every hour, documenting his/her location on hourly rounds record form, utilizing required procedure. Accounts for and documents presence of all patients on unit every hour
- Drives and/or escorts patients off grounds to appointments, meetings, etc., as needed
Full time openings are on evenings, 2:45 pm - 11:15 pm and nights, 10:45 pm - 7:15 am. We are also hiring for prn Nursing Assistants for all shifts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college education preferred
- Experience with drug/alcohol or psychiatric patients preferred
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Should be able to handle occassional heavy lifting and regular medium lifting to assist with transproting items such as patient belongings, supplies and equipment
- Extensive walking and standing while performing job duties is required
- Ability to climb a minimum of three flights of stairs
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
Eagleville Hospital, located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the treatment, education, and prevention of substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and acute psychiatric disorders. The hospital serves as a regional resource for the treatment and prevention of alcohol and drug abuse, as well as a national resource for training and research for addiction and related conditions. The hospital also houses a geriatric psychiatry unit, which is short-term program for clients aged 55 years and older in need of a secure, therapeutic environment. The hospital also houses a 16-bed acute psychiatric unit.
Please include salary/rate requirements in your cover letter. EOE