Truck and Transport Mechanic - BUS FLEET
|Location:||Nova Scotia, CANADA|
|Job Code:||Halifax - T1|
We are looking for an energetic and dedicated maintenance technician to become part of our world class organization! We are currently accepting applications for a future role in Maintenance. We will be looking for a Diesel Mechanic / Truck and Transport Mechanic to join our Stock Transportation divisional team, contributing to the repair and maintenance of our school bus fleet. This position will support our fleet excellence program through routine preventative maintenance, accurate diagnostics and reliable repair of our school bus fleet.
Interested candidates should apply online Here : ONLINE APPLICATION
Or at our Facility:
51 Frazee Ave
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1Z4
**$24.40 - Max Union Rate w / Red Seal
• Certified technician must possess a Red Seal
• Minimum 3 years of fleet maintenance heavy fleet shop maintaining repair and engine rebuilds on diesel truck or bus technical experience
• Hands on experience of diesel and or gasoline engines within a fast-paced large fleet bus, charter or trucking environment
• Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
• General shop computer knowledge, purchasing, and budget management experience
• Excellent computer skills, Word and Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational skills are a plus
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
At Stock Transportation our Maintenance Staff are here to organize, perform diagnosis, repair and maintenance of our School Bus Fleets with no supervision. Maintenance Staff ensure adherence to relevant legislation, regulations, requirements, policies and safe working practices and procedures to facilitate the smooth operation and function of an effective repair and preventive maintenance program at an assigned location.
Stock Transportation is an equal opportunity employer
Key Skills: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Services tech.
|Back to Search Results