Registered Dietitian, Camp Banting
|Location:||Camp Banting, ON|
|# of openings:||1|
• Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
• Liability insurance equivalent to Dietitians of Canada coverage
• Experience working with children or youth
• Experience working with people with diabetes
• Certified Diabetes Educator status is an asset
• Experience working in food service administration
• Experience mentoring dietetic interns
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team
• Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’ required
• Hepatitis B vaccination is recommended
• Clear Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening as per D-Camps Policy
Reports To: Camp Dietetic Coordinator
1. Participates in the Diabetes Education Orientation prior to attending camp as required. This training may be either in person, conference call or web-based.
2. Collaborate with chef on a daily basis to review menu; support chef when making necessary menu changes; and help with forecasting calculations.
3. Interact with chef and kitchen staff daily to support decision making that aligns with healthy diabetes guidelines and camp protocols.
4. Be present at each meal and snack to assist counselors and campers with food selection and carbohydrate counting.
5. Be familiar with staff, counselors, and campers who have dietary allergies or requests and ensure appropriate selections are offered.
6. Prepare and adjust meal plan carbohydrate counts for children on fixed insulin regimes.
7. Collaborate with kitchen staff to forecast food requirements for trips.
8. Communicate with/supervises/supports multidisciplinary team regarding diabetes management issues.
9. Communicates with Dietetic Coordinator to ensure all necessary reports and on-site care needs are completed.
10. Provides guidance and education to dietetic interns.
11. Assists with carbohydrate replacement for an ill child.
12. As necessary provides formal or informal nutrition education to campers.
13. Participates in camp checkout and prepares camp medical summary sheet for guardians as per Camp Medical Standards.
14. Participates in summary reports and offers suggestions for the upcoming year to the Canadian Diabetes Association and the Camp Dietetic Coordinator.
15. Upon arrival/registration day, reviews submitted meal plan information with camper and parent.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results