Senior Account Manager, Corporate
|# of openings:||1|
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER, CORPORATE (FOR PRAIRIES)
The Canadian Diabetes Association is in search of an accomplished fundraising professional to join our team in Calgary, Alberta as a Senior Account Manager for the Prairies focused on Corporate donations and sponsorships. Reporting to the National Director, Corporate Alliances the Senior Account Manager has primary responsibility to ensure the achievement of the revenue from the corporate sector focusing on provincial and regional activity. The Senior Account Manager develops the strategy in consultation with the National Director, Corporate Alliances, and leads implementation through Regional Director and Manager, Mission Funding. The Corporate Alliances portfolio consists of revenue from the following sources: sponsorship, cause related marketing, philanthropic gifts (cash and in-kind), and charitable foundations.
· As a senior member of the Corporate Alliances team, the Senior Account Manager will demonstrate high levels of leadership characteristics including excellence, effective communication, team building and collaboration.
· Primary accountability for revenue targets and success rates applied to new business development and renewal of accounts based in area of responsibility funds raised will support programs occurring across the Praries and the country supporting a ‘borderless’ approach to solicitation efforts.
· Primary accountability to actively manage and cultivate a portfolio of top tier prospects and funders
· Develop industry diversification and new business development strategy within provincial/regional boundaries with the objective to increasing representation by companies within geographic regions from underrepresented industries including, but not limited to transportation, oil, mining and gas, retail, and financial services sectors, based on best practices and emerging trends.
· Lead strategy implementation with Coordinator and Manager, Mission Funding in order to maximize revenue and realize efficiencies.
· As a leader within the Corporate Alliances team, champion and implement elements of the national Corporate Alliances strategy including: industry vertical diversification, asset valuation, building and engaging leadership volunteers (national and regional), performance management and tracking.
· Achieve a high level of collaboration across all functional areas and at all levels of the organization to identify fundable opportunities, make solicitations, and to provide high quality recognition and stewardship.
· Inform, implement and oversee a disciplined and best practice approach to prospect/relationship management ensuring tracking of progress through the stages of cultivation, stewardship and renewal. Provide performance status reports as requested.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· A proven and experienced manager
· Demonstrable and significant experience closing major gifts of $50,000 or more.
· A flexible team player able to collaborate and support colleagues and motivated to achieve results.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills along with the ability to synthesize complex information into compelling and strategic material.
· Professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters are essential.
· Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software applications and donor databases.
· Open persuasive communication style and strong teamwork skills.
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
· University degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising experience
· Demonstrated managerial skills
· Experience in a large, complex not-for-profit organization is an asset
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results