Camp Briardale Dietitian 2 Positions
Department: Canadian Diabetes Association, Public Programs & Services - Camps
Reports To: Dietetic Coordinator, Medical Director
The Camp Dietitian assists the Camp Dietetic Coordinator in providing all nutrition-related needs and issues at camp.
- Establish and/or review camp menus
- Participate in and help out with orientation and education for camp counsellors and Staff
- Ensure all necessary food supplies are available at camp
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings/updates regarding day-to-day diabetes management of campers
- Support Nutrition Counsellors helping campers with carb counting and meeting nutritional needs or goals
- Interact with kitchen staff
- Assist campers with meal and snack selection
- Adjust camper’s meal to coordinate with camp activity/exercise and camping routines
- Review of all camper medical forms and identify any potential problems; contact parents/dietitian if any clarification is necessary
- To know and abide by Camp rules
- Registered Dietitian in good standing
- Must have experience in diabetes management and working with children and diabetes management in the camp setting
- Be available for the entire duration of the Camp Session, two to four days pre-camp, and for other tasks as specified above.
The candidate for this position must adhere to the following:
- Review and sign the Canadian Diabetes Association Code of Conduct Declaration
- Provision of references.
- Conforms to the Canadian Diabetes Association requirements for a police record check and/or vulnerable sector search
- Camp Dietetic Coordinator, Camp Medical Director, Manager, Camps & Youth Programs, Western Canada, and CDA
**Please note: To make your application process more seamless, after the "Personal Information" section of the application, only complete fields marked with a *.
Also note the application may display best using Chrome or IE8.