Camp Jean Nelson Dietitian 8 Positions
Department: Canadian Diabetes Association, Public Programs & Services - Camps
Reports To: Dietetic Coordinator, Medical Director
The Camp Dietitian supports the nutrition management of campers under the direction of the Camp Head Dietitian and/or coordinator.
- Support campers in making decisions regarding food choices and carbohydrate counting at meal times
- Assist in review camp menus and manage dietary allergies and special dietary requirements.
- Help supervise blood sugar testing during the day and overnight
- Participate in regular multidisciplinary team meetings/updates regarding day-to-day diabetes management of campers
- Ensure supply of hypoglycemic treatments are available and maintained
- To reportincidents of potential medical significance occurring within the Camp
- Provide medical coverage on out-trips and in camp activities
- Review of all camper medical forms and identify any potential problems; contact parents/physician if any clarification is necessary
- To know and abide by Camp rules
- Able to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Confidence working with children between the ages of 7- 16 years of age
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem- solving skills
Education and Experience
- Registered dietitian
- Clinical experience in diabetes management preferred.
- Be available for the entire duration of the Camp Session July 20-25 or July 27- August 1st. and orientation sessions.
The candidate for this position must adhere to the following:
- Review and sign the Canadian Diabetes Association Code of Conduct Declaration
- Provision of references
- Conforms to the Canadian Diabetes Association requirements for a police record check and/or vulnerable sector search
- Camp Dietetic Coordinator, Camp Medical Director, Manager, Camp & Youth Programs, Western Canada, and CDA
**Please note: To make your application process more seamless, after the "Personal Information" section of the application, only complete fields marked with a *.
Also note the application may display best using Chrome or IE8.