Camp Kakhamela Midnight Rambler 10 Positions
Department: Canadian Diabetes Association, Public Programs & Services - Camps
Reports To: Medical Director, Nurse Coordinator
The Midnight Rambler’s position was created to help with nighttime testing, and to provide assistance to the CDA staff with various indirect patient care duties.
- To cooperate with other members of the medical team to ensure the overall health, welfare and safety of campers
- To help with midnight and 3:00-AM blood sugar testing under the direct presence and supervision of a physician or nurse at all times
- To help counsellors and CDA staff in the treatment of campers having minor hypoglycemic events
- To provide an extra hand for Medical and Nursing and Dietitian Staff for various tasks (e.g. restocking crash kits, preparing and offering snacks, traffic control)
- The Midnight Rambler may observe—but will not help with—insulin injections and insulin pump management
- To know and abide by Camp rules
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem- solving skills
Education and Experience
- The Midnight Rambler position is designed for a medical student, a nursing student or a mature undergraduate student with an interest in children with diabetes
Be available for the entire duration of the Camp Session
- In general, the Midnight Rambler will be working evenings and many nights and will have the daytime hours to themselves
The candidate for this position must adhere to the following:
- Review and sign the Canadian Diabetes Association Code of Conduct Declaration
- Provision of references.
- Conforms to the Canadian Diabetes Association requirements for a police record check and/or vulnerable sector search
- Camp Medical Director, Camp Nurse Coordinator, Manager, Camps & Youth Programs, Western Canada, and CDA
**Please note: To make your application process more seamless, after the "Personal Information" section of the application, only complete fields marked with a *.
Also note the application may display best using Chrome or IE8.