Position: Storekeeper- Temporary
Reports to: Stores Supervisor
Location: Goderich Mine
Work Schedule: Likely involve U/G work and shift schedules as required
Temporary Storekeeper - POSITION DESCRIPTION
We are currently recruiting for a short-term (approximately 4 month) temporary storekeeper to operate the surface and underground stores. The temporary storekeeper will be responsible for counter work and issuing parts. To maintain the flow of new and repair parts between surface and underground stores.
Grade 12 or GED
One year college certificate in related field and/or 3-6 months related job experience.
Essential Duties and PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counter service including issues, returns, and parts searches in a timely and efficient manner in order to ensure high levels of production from employees. Receive parts and services efficiently and accurately in a computerized environment.
- Tool crib issues and returns to ensure maintenance has an adequate supply of tools.
- Cycle counts and stock adjustments to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Auditing of the explosives magazine on a daily basis and reporting of any variances. Determination of cause of variances before they are put on the daily log dramatically reduces the reportable variances.
- Stock shelves and protect material to ensure items are on hand and in a usable condition.
- Assist to compile the daily material handlers’ sheet to ensure efficient movement of parts.
- Prepare repair material for outbound shipment and communicate same to Stores Supervisor for action. This helps to ensure reduced turn-around on repair items, reduce costs and downtime.
- Continually look for ways to improve the process and service from stores to better serve the customer.
- Stock buying and expediting as directed by the Stores Supervisor or his designate. This may be required in order to have parts arrive in a timely fashion.
- Also responsible for: compliance and support of EH&S, Productivity, Leadership and Incfluence (fostering a respectful work environment), and Resource Management.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Inventory Management Systems; Peoplesoft, JD Edwards, EAM systems experience a plus
- Good communication skills with the ability to respond promptly to customer needs
- Ability to manually lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to solve practical problems and to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
Environmental/Health/Safety: Responsible for, complies with and supports the Company’s EH&S goals and objectives, regulations, policies, and procedures. Actively seeks ways to improve the development and administration of the site EH&S program using established safety systems - green card, safety meetings, Safetrack, audits, IRS and follow ups to concerns.
Productivity: Effectively prioritizes job duties, multi-tasks and uses time and resources effectively as demonstrated by results in key areas of accountability. Drives for results and persists despite obstacles and opposition as appropriate. Maintains a work ethic supportive of the attainment of business objectives. Follows through on assignments and instructions in a timely manner.
Leadership/Influence: Builds an atmosphere of trust and respect resulting in employee participation/learning that generate new ideas, meets business goals and improves business results. Establishes challenging performance standards for self and/or others. Span of influence understand goals, responsibilities, is well coordinated and unencumbered to achieve potential. Positively represents the Company at work and in the community. Leads by example. Respects and values differences and diversity within the Company. Actions support team objectives.
Resource Management (materials, budget/costs): Effective use of assets, and resources to achieve maximum return and reduce costs while objectively evaluating the success of decisions.
Functional Excellence: Results demonstrate the job knowledge and skills required for this position. Consider interpersonal skills and functional skills essential to be effective in meeting overall business goals.
Customer Focus (internal and external): Knows who the customers are; anticipates and recognizes their needs and takes action to achieve customer satisfaction. Effectively balances customer expectations with company goals.
Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to multiple demands and shifting priorities. Develops knowledge and skills desired to meet business needs. Is cooperative and adaptable to change, accepting new ideas, suggestions and imparting knowledge to others required to meet functional team/business objectives
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties, the employee may frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment may typically be moderate to loud. When and where required, all work environment exposures are reduced to acceptable occupational levels through the distribution and usage of personnel protective equipment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.