Work under the direction of senior copy personnel to creatively translate data into compelling advertising messages for print, and interactive projects. Partner with an art director teammate to explore innovative ways to communicate strategic objectives. Handle day-to-day responsibilities while learning the finer points of creative thinking in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
· Works closely with AD, AE, and Production personnel as a team member on assigned accounts to produce effective themes, campaigns, etc.
· Maintains consistently high standards of writing which will enhance the agency-client relationship.
· Helps develop and guide creative ideas based on input from client, AE, and personal research.
· Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development, i.e., layout, production, media, and research.
· Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients.
· Submits copy (depending on work assignments for specific accounts) to the CD for review and comment.
· Assures accuracy, completeness, and neatness of own copy from initial submission to CD through final copy and type proofs.
· Meets copy deadlines, or secures advance approval from the AE/CD if additional time is needed.
· Takes and keeps reasonably thorough file notes and minutes of meetings/phone calls for own reference.
· Contributes ideas to generate more client activity beyond normally scheduled projects.
· Participates in client-agency meetings at the agency, when appropriate.
· Displays professional courtesy to clients and co-workers; is considerate of their work schedules.
Measures of Accountability
· His/Her creativity contributions and routines contribute to the client’s marketing success and agency profitability.
· His/Her work reflects intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
· He/She meets reasonable assignment deadlines with consistent and dependably high levels of performance.
· Maintains a productive and harmonious relationship with supervisor and other members of the account team.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years agency experience with at least 2 year of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience.
- Senior level, mature, dedicated, self-directed, with pharma writing experience - long form, annotating, referencing, etc.
- Should have oncology experience