Blue Canopy, LLC is looking for an Information Technology Specialist (HelpDesk) to support our Corporate Office in Reston, VA
The IT Specialist works with all facets of the business and has cross functional responsibilities for IT as well as external partners in making sure that the information technology infrastructure and digital property is fully operational.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As an IT Specialist you will be answerable for upholding the IT guidelines for employees related to the complete IT composition which engage computers, peripheral devices, telephony, internal servers, intranet/internet and all records centers.
- The IT Specialist maintains telecommunications and technology in a business so it functions to optimize workforce efficiency.
- The IT Specialist will work closely with a team of IT professionals and is expected to perform his specific roles in coordination with members of the team for both hardware and software subdivides.
- Critical thinking and process analysis sharpness is essential to do well in this job; the IT Specialist must possess excellent communication skills to properly communicate instruction and troubleshooting processes for internal customers who may have concerns about the operation or use of equipment and software within their operations unit.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, and cost comparison analysis.
Education & Experience
- Associate Degree (preferably in Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Expertise and experience with complex technical activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in a team-based development environment
About Blue Canopy Group:
“Blue Canopy was named and recognized number 28 out of 50 for mid-sized companies as a 2014 Top Workplace in the Greater Washington Area”
“Blue Canopy CEO Winner of Greater Washington Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award - October 2012”
- Founded in 2001
- In 2003, formed a wholly owned subsidiary, BC Fed Group, for classified work
- Recipient of Washington Technology´s Fast 50 Government Contractors Award
- Measured in the highest customer satisfaction percentile by Dun & Bradstreet
- Two time award recipient of Inc. Magazine´s 500 fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States
- Recognized by Gartner for our industry leading IP built for end to end IT management and formalized a joint venture on our solutions for technology around governance, performance management and project management
- Deliver information security, technology integration, and enterprise performance management services as well as program management to Federal clients as well as Fortune 1000 companies
- Large percentage of workforce supports National Security initiatives for DOD and Intelligence Community
Blue Canopy Group, LLC is EOE AA M/FVet/Disability.