The DEAN & DELUCA New York City cafés have a personality all their own. It starts at 7:00 am with coffee and a danish on the way to work. Take lunch to go, or relax outside with a bottle of wine and a baguette. End the day with a white chocolate quiche and a cup of our house blend coffee. The cafés offer call-ahead service for those on a tight schedule. Our cafe associates are trained to execute in multiple cafe positions including pulling espresso shots as a barista and making fresh sandwiches and salads.
The ideal candidate cannot sit still! They feel like there is always something to do!
Additional requirements and responsibilities:
- Operates equipment necessary to the job, which includes, but is not limited to:cash register, espresso/coffee machines and grinders, oven, slicer, food processor, bowls, platters, entrée case, hot case, knives, mop, garbel, mop bucket, broom, dust mop, box cutter, cardboard compactor and any & all trash.
- Lifts at least 15 lbs.
- Assists customers and promotes good customer and associate relations through courtesy, service and appearance.
- Fills customers orders and takes phone orders.
- Displays merchandise properly in case in an appetizing fashion.
- Prepares, stocks and rotates merchandise properly for freshness.
- Maintains correct and legible prices on all items.
- Fills and maintains all displays throughout the department.
- Greets all customers regularly.
- Thanks all customers for shopping at DEAN & DELUCA
- Completes the necessary cleaning and sanitation, which includes, but is not limited to: moping and sweeping of the floors, cleaning the slicer, oven, washing display cases, wiping down the prep area, washing knives, bowls, platters and utensils, cleaning the cooler, and dismantling & cleaning of machinery.
- Removes items form display and wrap properly to maintain freshness when closing the department.