We serve only the freshest, high-quality food. Our prep cooks are the ones who follow our proven recipes to make sure that our standards are upheld.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for local, organic, and sustainable food and learning to be a culinary expert from our Executive Chef!
Additional responsibilities and requirements:
• Refer to daily prep list at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Understands and complies consistently with standard portions sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Closes/opens the kitchen properly and follows closing/opening checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing/opening the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Promptly reports kitchen equipment and food quality problems to Executive Chef.
• Inform Executive Chef immediately of product shortages.
• Uses standard recipe cards for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.