Looking to join the most progressive approach to the practice of analytics in digital marketing? This is your chance to be a part of something unique, something never before seen. TBWA\Chiat\Day is expanding to Chicago to establish the first ever center of excellence in our network for web and digital marketing analytics and for search. Called Engagement Arts Inc., this is your chance to join the A team, to work with world-renown experts in digital marketing and advertising, and to get involved in some of the world’s biggest brands.
We are seeking a motivated self-starter for analysis and data management activities for a couple of our Fortune 500 clients. You will be in from the beginning of the development of these key programs and will have the opportunity to build a platform that will support these clients’ strategies into the future. You will be challenged to create new dashboards but this role is not just data wrangling. We need a left brain – right brain marketing specialist, somebody who can see data and find meaning. You will be asked to solve problems and support a variety of client teams. As well you will be supporting new business development and the expansion of the analytics practice in our existing clients. This is a hands-on opportunity. The day you start is the day you will connect with our clients.
- BA in Marketing, Stats, Math, Communications, Media Sciences, Journalism, Computer Science, Business, Astrophysics or Marine Biology. It doesn’t matter so much where you come from as to where you are going. The Group Director has a BA in US History.
- 3+ years of marketing analytics experience either agency or client side.
- Intimate knowledge of all or most key web analytics platforms including Site Catalyst, Google Analytics, WebTrends and / or others. Certification not required but is nice to have.
- Fluency in all basic office programs (PPT, XLS, DOC) is required. We are a Mac shop so KEY and other platforms are crucial but not a deal breaker.
- You must be able to write clearly and quickly, present your ideas in an organized and coherent manner and be willing to stand up to the challenges of client marketing teams, brand managers, corporate communications and the myriad agencies that are circling around at our Global 2000 level clients.
- You must be a self-starter and a problem solver, eager for keeping busy and engaged.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage monthly dashboards with data from web analytics, social media, CRM and a variety of sources.
- Validate and troubleshoot website tagging and work with media agencies for implementation of best practices for their tracking.
- Use a variety of tools to develop key insights into demographic, social media, paid media and other key behaviors.
- Present key findings to clients and internal account teams.
- Constantly improve the precision and clarity of reports.
- Provide ad hoc report request support.
- Prepare quarterly and annual executive level reports in presentation formats using dashboard data as well as inputs from myriad sources.
- Participate in key account coordination activities so you can stay integrated with account teams in NY.
- Collaborate on writing briefs and participate in briefing meetings.
- Where appropriate, attend research groups and participate in debriefing sessions.
- Assist in preparation of internal research materials and client level deliverables.
- Be prepared to apply learnings to day-to-day activities and discussions.
- Be a good listener.
- Master business-writing and communication skills in written reports and oral presentation.
- Demonstrate good follow up skills.
- Be responsive, clear, concise.
- Build relationships with entire account team and become a reliable source for anyone who needs help.
- Interface with other departments effectively.
This is an incredible opportunity to grow and expand, to live beyond the potential of that dead end agency or siloed client where you have been thanklessly laboring for so long. We are passionate about our work and you should be too. Join our rapidly growing team to see just how far you can go.