The Role: International Shipping Lead
Reporting to: Assistant Warehouse Manager
Organization: Salt Lake City Distribution Center
You will provide Specialized customers with industry-leading distribution services by leading your team to success in absolute accuracy, on-time order fulfillment, and exceptional care in handling our products.
How you will make a difference:
You are responsible for the operation of the International Shipping and Warranty Returns/Shipping area. You will lead, develop, and manage the members of your team.
- Lead by example to motivate direct reports and maintain a high performance team.
- Direct the processes of your area.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and proper handling of product in your area.
- Ensure International shipments are processed timely and accurately, while meeting all global logistics regulations.
- Facilitate the training and development of your team members.
- Plan and direct the work of your team to achieve and exceed department objectives.
- Set productivity goals and monitor performance of team members.
- Take the lead on the performance management program for your staff; this includes setting objectives, perpetual review of performance, and writing year end performance reviews.
- Effectively manage discipline of direct reports.
- Promote continuous improvement in your department by coordinating with management to suggest and implement needed change.
What you need to win:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years proven experience managing direct reports, including motivating for performance, handling discipline and evaluating performance.
- Proven experience with global shipping practices to include knowledge of required documentation and regulations.
- Familiarity with computerized manifest shipping systems.
- Familiarity with RF scanning devices.
- Must be honest, self-motivated and responsible.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 70 lbs. repeatedly through-out the work day.
- Must have the ability to maintain high level of physical activity through-out the work day including but not limited to standing and walking.