REPORTS TO Graphics Manager
ORGANIZATION Industrial Design Group
Come work with the most talented designers in the industry at our newly remodeled in-house design studio. Located at our world headquarters in Morgan Hill, CA, you will have full shop access to make your design dreams become reality, a state of the art downdraft paint booth, top of the line vinyl cutting, SLA machine & much, much, more. If you can think it, we can make it, paint it and decal it. You'll be surrounded by a very talented team of graphic and industrial designers who work hard and play even harder. Alumni from Academy or Art University, Art Center College of Design, University of Cincinnati, and more will be your teammates on the fast track to design success.
The Core Bikes Lead Graphic Designer is responsible for the creation and management of Core Road and Fitness Urban graphic design on pavement bikes from concept through to production. This includes and involves research, mood board creation, graphic strategies, presentation and the ability to take creative direction. This position works within the graphics department. You will be responsible for the creation of tech packs that will be sent to vendors for sampling and then production. You must be willing and able to fly to Asia at least 2 times a year to check on pilot runs and samples. You will need to work with product managers, engineers, and industrial designers in a fast paced deadline driven environment. Your designs can impact the cycling world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Strong passion for cycling
- 5-7 years working in a design agency or design driven company
- Thick skin and ability to accept and implement feedback and critique for the better of the brand and the overarching brand aesthetics
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to articulately present in large meetings design concepts and directions
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite specifically adobe illustrator on mac OS
- Packaging and product graphic design a major plus
- Proven ability to work effectively within cross-departmental teams
- BFA or masters degree in graphic design and a strong portfolio