Snap-on Incorporated is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as customers in industries including aviation and aerospace, mining, natural resources and power generation. Products and services are sold through the company's franchisee, company-direct, distributor and Internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $2.9 billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Looking for an experienced database developer to design and develop data transformation components. The position requires someone who is solution-oriented and strives to design and implement high quality, innovative products. Strong design, analytical, and problem solving skills are highly desired.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs moderately complex software development tasks following Snap-on Business Solution’s software development life cycle.
- The majority of the development will be accomplished by performing data analysis and then writing functions, procedures, and packages using Oracle PL/SQL. Some tasks may require development using MS SQL or Java.
- Follows established programming guidelines; executes test procedures according to test plan; follows scheduled plan and identifies problems; writes module level implementation and test specifications; tracks their own key activities.
- Listens and follows written/verbal instructions; understands activities within a single project
- Participates effectively in group situations
- Determines with Manager future training activities to keep technical skills current; uses self-instruction effectively.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred with 3-4 years of overall experience in software and/or database design, development and maintenance including one or more years of database development is mandatory.
- 3-4 years of experience developing Oracle database code using SQL and PL/SQL is required.
- Database development experience using MS SQL is highly desired.
- One or more years of Java development experience is required.
- Experience performing data analysis and mapping is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving and consultative skills.
- Must possess strong unit, integration and system testing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation skills are required.
- Ability to work independently is required, however, the candidate must be an excellent team player with a positive attitude and must exhibit enthusiasm, initiative, and be self-motivated.
- Proven technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Good analytical and design skills at single product/single environment level
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V